With Mobile Router: Ok, But On Home Wifi: Not Working

tripbeetle
edited November 2015 in General

I have spent over a week with support, but they seem to have given up on me, so I'm seeking help here.

I have Bitdefender Total Security 2016 on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Surface Pro 3).

Bitdefender works fine when I'm away from home and using my mobile router. However, on my home wi-fi, BD blocks my internet connection, so that I can't even go to BD Central.

The weird thing is, there actually is an internet connection, it's just the browser (IE, Edge, Firefox, etc.) that won't work. Outlook, for example, still works. I have to uninstall BD to be able to access the internet at home. There are times when the internet will work at home for about a minute or two after reinstalling BD, but the connection is always lost shortly afterward.

I've tried everything support has suggested, including numerous reinstalls, using the Bitdefender repair tool, and changing settings in Firewall/Adaptors to Network Type=Home/Office, Stealth Mode=Off, Generic=On. I sent them 3 reports they requested, but that was 4 days ago, and I haven't had a response.

To see a screen shot showing how the internet connection isn't working even though the computer is receiving the wi-fi signal, go to the following:

https://dschigusa.smugmug.com/Bitdefender/i...reenshot-X3.png

To translate the top four items of the top window showing in the screenshot:

"General

iPv4 connection ---- Internet

iPv6 connetion ---- No network access

State ---- Effective"

Any help appreciated. :)

Comments

• hi, i had a similar problem, but it is intermitent. I disabled all modules, without results. Some time works fine, some times works slowly, and some time doesn`t work.

I am using, Windows 10, 64bits. Firefox and Chrome or Edge has the same issue.

I already tried unistalling and repais BD 2016, restart modem, restart my notebook, and tried use each BD`s module alone.

• hi, i had a similar problem, but it is intermitent. I disabled all modules, without results. Some time works fine, some times works slowly, and some time doesn`t work.

I am using, Windows 10, 64bits. Firefox and Chrome or Edge has the same issue.

I already tried unistalling and repais BD 2016, restart modem, restart my notebook, and tried use each BD`s module alone.