Bd Total Security 2016 Compatibility Issue With Virtual Box

Hi,

When I installed BD Total Security 2016 for the first time (2 months ago) I had a compatibility problem with Virtual Box. When I tried to start a virtual machine, an error showed up saying that VT-x was being used by another hypervisor.

Finally I found out that reinstalling Virtual Box as "Administrator" resolved that issue.

Today, 01/07/2016 after updating BD Total Security 2016, I had a similar error that says:

"VT-x is being used by another hypervisor (VERR_VMX_IN_VMX_ROOT_MODE).

VirtualBox can't operate in VMX root mode. Please close all other virtualization programs. (VERR_VMX_IN_VMX_ROOT_MODE).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)

Component: ConsoleWrap

Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}"

Could you help me with this issue?

I would be very grateful if you could help me because I need to use those virtual machines and I don't want to change my antivirus.

Kind regards.

Comments

• Ok, I found out that the problem was the last update from Microsoft... (Internet Explorer Flash Player Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for 64 bits systems) (KB3133431)

• Ok, I found out that the problem was the last update from Microsoft... (Internet Explorer Flash Player Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for 64 bits systems) (KB3133431)

I am having the same problem. Hopefully the techs can fix this as I want to stay with Bitdefender and also use VMs.

• I am having the same problem. Hopefully the techs can fix this as I want to stay with Bitdefender and also use VMs.

I reinstalled VirtualBox by running as Administrator and it is now working OK. Posting from Ubuntu 15.10 as Guest on Windows 10 Host.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Thank you both for posting back your results.

Glad to know that the issue is resolved. I will close this topic, but should you have any further issue with Bitdefender please don't hesitate to create a new topic.

Hope you have a lovely weekend ahead!

This discussion has been closed.