Installation Impossible Because Of Kaspersky

Hi,

I have just bought BD Antivirus Plus 2016. It fails to install because of a previous Kaspersky installation.

What I have tried so far (and for the last 2-3 hours):

- Deinstallation via "Programmes and Features";

- Kaspersky removal tool (several times including reboots);

- Bitdefender removal tool (several times including reboots);

- Manual deletion of Kaspersky and Bitdefender leftovers on hard disk as well as registry)

All this to no avail. Kindly let me know how to use your product!

To be protected in the meantime I have just installed Avira Free Antivirus with no problems at all. It was up running after 5 minutes.

Btw: My system is Windows 10.

Comments

• I'm having this problem too. My system was previously windows 7 (which was when Kaspersky was first installed) but was then upgraded to Windows 10.

I'm wondering if the upgrade might have left some remenants that BitDefender is checking for and the Kaspersky tools aren't removing.

• Hiya,

Have you tried the installation of Bitdefender via one of these links?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=59500

Also, first ensure that the Bitdefender Agent is uninstalled from Windows Control Panel>Programs and Features.

• I'm having this problem too. My system was previously windows 7 (which was when Kaspersky was first installed) but was then upgraded to Windows 10.

I'm wondering if the upgrade might have left some remenants that BitDefender is checking for and the Kaspersky tools aren't removing.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=5233
  • I also can't install bitdefender due to kasperksy. Chat help is always unavailable. Email just says they are working on it.

Maybe if we didn't have to pay until after we have installed the product.

• _chaos_
    edited February 2016

Download kavremover to fully uninstall kaspersky

Click "How to use the tool" --> "kavremvr.exe" run it, reboot your pc and install bitdefender.

This tool worked for me. OP is this the same version of the kaspersky removal tool that you tried and it didn't work?

• Hi,

To overcome this issue please restart Windows and try again to install Bitdefender 2016. As soon as Bitdefender starts unpacking the installation (do not wait for the same notification to appear), do the following:

1. Click Start then type %TEMP% inside the Windows search bar and hit Enter on your keyboard.

2. Inside the 'Temp' folder that opens locate the folder RarSFX0 and then delete from this folder the file competitive.json

3. Now continue the Bitdefender installation.

Let us know how is everything going.

• Hi,

To overcome this issue please restart Windows and try again to install Bitdefender 2016. As soon as Bitdefender starts unpacking the installation (do not wait for the same notification to appear), do the following:

1. Click Start then type %TEMP% inside the Windows search bar and hit Enter on your keyboard.

2. Inside the 'Temp' folder that opens locate the folder RarSFX0 and then delete from this folder the file competitive.json

3. Now continue the Bitdefender installation.

Let us know how is everything going.

Hello. I am having the same problem but with BItdefender Total Security 2016.

I've already clean everything about Kaspersky, but I'm having the same message from Bitdefender.

How can I fix this?

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016

Hi Kat,

If the above steps won't help you here's an easy fix:

1) Download remove_competitive.zip from [removed link]

Extract the content of the archive. The password is: 123

2) Run the resulted file remove_competitive.bat to clear the leftovers of the other security solution.

3) After this restart Windows, then try again to install Bitdefender.

Let me know if you require further assistance with this.
  • ghostie
    edited March 2016

Hi Kat,

If the above steps won't help you here's an easy fix:

1) Download remove_competitive.zip from [removed link]

Extract the content of the archive. The password is: 123

2) Run the resulted file remove_competitive.bat to clear the leftovers of the other security solution.

3) After this restart Windows, then try again to install Bitdefender.

Let me know if you require further assistance with this.

I can confirm that the above file works. Now bitdefender installs, but the next problem is that bdagent.exe does not create an autorun entry so after a reboot bd does not autostart. It seems some problem with the registry in combination with windows 10. I installed bd on a Win10 pro edition (kav uninstalled) without any problem. The Win10 home version is causing problems. There is a known bug with the registry editor in Win10 version 1511 in relation to long registrykeys > 255.

Since the kav uninstaller and remover program have problems removing the old registry keys and bd new install cannot create an autorun key it seems that the problem exists in the registry and possibly only under Win10 home. I wonder if other people with problems have these problems under a Win10 home edition.

I tried repairing and reinstalling bd and the bdagent, but the problem does not go away.

• Hello ghostie,

Last week I removed BD completely and installed Kaspersky IS as I wanted to have a look at it. A couple of days later I uninstalled KS IS using their uninstall tool and re-installed BD TS. I had no problems such as you are describing, it all went smoothly. I am running Windows 10 Home, v.1511, build 10586.122.

The only difference may be that I installed the trial version of KS IS, not a paid version.

Rohugh

• Any definitive solutions? I can't for the life of me get it to work.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can you send us more details regarding your situation at bitsy@bitdefender.com ?

Or submit a ticket from this platform:
    http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

Make sure to mention the link to this topic also.

Thank you!

• I have tried all the suggestions on getting Antivirus Plus 2016 to download but keep getting the error message regarding Kapersky. The only option I did not try is the one addressed to Kat. Been working on this far too long and am extremely frustrated with BD. What's going on and how is one suppose to resolve this issue?

• I dont know clearly about your problems, but I think you can search in https://forum.kaspersky.com or https://keykaspersky.com for more information, this is kaspersky's website with a full of information

This discussion has been closed.