Total Security Will Not Activate

I downloaded the Total Security from the website and created a Bitdefender Central account which allowed me to use my activation code. After the program downloads, it pops up with a screen saying there is not a internet connection...which is odd since I'm typing this post on the same computer with the same internet connection. I've uninstalled twice and still negative results.

Not a good way to make a first impression with a new customer...

Any thoughts from anyone?

Comments

• 5 days and no input....nice

• Kind of the same problem. Renewed BDTS, no problem. Received pop-up about free upgrade, took it. Upgrade installation crashed and I had to remove BD. reinstalled but when it gets to the final step 'log-in to complete activation' it won't log in. I can log in to BD central online but not via the installation program. Put in a ticket but all I get are emails saying 'we're working on it'

• Just downloaded and have same problem, never should of upgraded from free version. A total waste of my hard earned money.I am going to delete this piece of crap software soon if i don`t get a reply with a fix.

• Same problem here, 20+ days passed but no reply to my ticket, seems tech team gone on vacation.

• Composer
    edited February 2016

I am also experiencing similar problems

I got notification that one of my 3 licenses is about to expire when it shows I have hundreds of days in credit.

I went ahead anyhow and downloaded the Update which all went well until it wouldn't accept my current Total Security 2016 Validation Code?

The system of ' Tickets ' is a nightmare and they take days - over a week to respond with some BS cryptic responses that never even addresses the problems in a way I can understand?

Their Online ' Live Chat ' never works for me and you are left dangling until it tells you " No agents are available! ".

Does any one have a direct email address to someone there who knows what they are doing and will offer ' real help '?

I chose Bitdefender because I was told it was the best, that being so I have found their back-up/support is terrible!

• Similar problems, tried to upgrade to Internet Security 2016 taking advantage of an offer. Uninstalled BD Plus 2015 downloaded the upgrade which gave two options both of which were 2015 versions (Internet plus and Internet Security), the activation key they sent did not work, exasperated!!, so have resorted to the original product. Contacted the support line and got a ticket number straight away, so far 4 emails have been sent to cancel the upgrade order and get a refund, no response!! Today I telephoned and the call handler seemed to forget that I am the customer and just kept repeating "someone will reply to your email". I did point out the comments on here about the time taken by them to respond to emails..........complete blank just kept repeating "someone will respond to your email". Fantastic customer care!!! Now I have to wait to find out when they will refund my money, which is in their bank earning them money. When my current licence expires I will be looking for new AV Software with decent customer care, if anyone knows a good product would welcome suggestions, I have been with BD 10 years and now feel they are taking the p"*s.

• I am also experiencing similar problems

I got notification that one of my 3 licenses is about to expire when it shows I have hundreds of days in credit.

I went ahead anyhow and downloaded the Update which all went well until it wouldn't accept my current Total Security 2016 Validation Code?

The system of ' Tickets ' is a nightmare and they take days - over a week to respond with some BS cryptic responses that never even addresses the problems in a way I can understand?

Their Online ' Live Chat ' never works for me and you are left dangling until it tells you " No agents are available! ".

Does any one have a direct email address to someone there who knows what they are doing and will offer ' real help '?

I chose Bitdefender because I was told it was the best, that being so I have found their back-up/support is terrible!

Go to their Face Book page and put your complaint in a comments box with your ticket number, I did after not hearing from their Customer Support for three days and the issue was resolved in 20 minutes!

• Same problem here, 20+ days passed but no reply to my ticket, seems tech team gone on vacation.

Go to their Face Book page and put your complaint in a comments box with your ticket number, I did after not hearing from their Customer Support for three days and the issue was resolved in 20 minutes!

• Go to their Face Book page and put your complaint in a comments box with your ticket number, I did after not hearing from their Customer Support for three days and the issue was resolved in 20 minutes!

Thank you for the advice!

I had already put a Complaint Ticket in but their response times I have usually been terribly slow!

I still haven't heard any solutions back but I think my Open Ticket made them check their Download files.

I persevered 6 times to get the Download and all is well now.

IF they had a method I could CLOSE the Open Ticket that would be helpful for us both!

I hope you guys get sorted asap!

I read they have 500 million clients so we few are just a blip on their radar!

Cheers!

• CARON67
    edited February 2016
    http://www.bitdefender.com/support/ (request and repeat the ticket)
  • Hi everyone,

Can you send us more details regarding your situation at bitsy@bitdefender.com ?

Thank you!