Bitdefender Total Security 2016 Takes Ages To Install

cacau
edited January 2016 in Install & activation

Hi Bitdefender friends, I am trying to download and install BD total security 2016 but it takes a very long time to download the package and install!

Why does it take so long?

Is there anything we can do to improve it?

There is no offline installation for 2016!

This is a very annoying proccess indeed.

Comments

• Hi Bitdefender friends, I am trying to download and install BD total security 2016 but it takes a very long time to download the package and install!

Why does it take so long?

Is there anything we can do to improve it?

There is no offline installation for 2016!

This is a very annoying proccess indeed.

Well, it can be worse. If you have like me a previous antivirus installed it goes like that:

- wait 1-2 hours to download BD

- oops there's NAV installed, uninstall that one first and reboot

- wait 1-2 hours to download BD AGAIN.

Just saying.

• Do you have any other security software?

Other security software could interfere with the installation/download.

If you have any, it is recommended to first uninstall those, install Bitdefender and then install the other programs you use.

• Hi,

The issue here is not Bitdefender but your internet connection. It's slow.

The installation kit has over 300 MB and must download completely to start the installation process. On a high speed internet connection, downloading the Bitdefender installation kit shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 minutes.

If you are using a wireless connection, an internet USB stick, etc. plug the Ethernet cable into the computer for a faster internet connection.

Thank you for your understanding.

• HI, The issue is Bitdefender because of no offline installation available. You didn't thought about people with slower connections. Mine is LTE and I'm still waiting for installation about 40 min. After that I saw message that Kaspersky is installed... but it is not. Now downloading third time ~3hrs to install your product. No excuses no understanding!

• linenoise
    edited March 2016

The latest stats say 80% of americans have connection speeds less than 4Mbps. For a few hundred megs that's 1/2 an hour or more for most americans.

Or if you have a connection that will hiccup from time to time and stall out, the downloader starts from the beginning... you can't even do a resume? Wow this is horrid.

If you want to make installations annoying to 80% of the country I guess that's your business decision to make.

• this is an issue for me as well. 

alienware 17 r4 (late 2016 model)

killer network card wireless ac connection

2 ssds in raid 0 3000+MBs read and 2000+MBs write speeds

fresh installation of windows 10

att uverse I am 4000 feet from the vrad on a bonded connection no connection issues here is my speedtest while the installer is downloading http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5967439925

the installer is running at about 100 KBs and continues to say my connection is slow and even timed out once and made me start over. 

I believe it is a server issue, possibly lack of bandwidth or to many connections to handle, might want to get the network guys to take a peek at that.