Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Critical Error

From this morning I keep getting the message of critical error of security service. It appeared suddently in both my Windows XP pc and now I can't use it. I think it's probably an update error but I don't know what I should do. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Aldo.

Comments

• From this morning I keep getting the message of critical error of security service. It appeared suddently in both my Windows XP pc and now I can't use it. I think it's probably an update error but I don't know what I should do.

I had the same thing happen to me immediately after a manual update of BIS 2015

early Saturday on a Win7 64bit system. The BD service stopped responding and

several reboots failed to get it working again. I wound up doing a "Repair"

from the Control Panel Programs and Features "Uninstall or Change Programs".

That would be Add or Remove Programs on XP.

After the Repair an Update was needed, and luckily all went well after that.

I too suspected a bad update caused it and was afraid the problem would return

after the Repair/Update. But it didn't.

If you have any custom settings they may have to be reset after a Repair.

• I had the same thing happen to me immediately after a manual update of BIS 2015

early Saturday on a Win7 64bit system. The BD service stopped responding and

several reboots failed to get it working again. I wound up doing a "Repair"

from the Control Panel Programs and Features "Uninstall or Change Programs".

That would be Add or Remove Programs on XP.

After the Repair an Update was needed, and luckily all went well after that.

I too suspected a bad update caused it and was afraid the problem would return

after the Repair/Update. But it didn't.

If you have any custom settings they may have to be reset after a Repair.

Thank you for the help. Yes it's what I did yesterday evening when I read in the French forum "http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=68546" that other customers had experienced the same issue and the solution proposed. Luckily I was able to understand what to do and now it works. Hope it won't happen anymore...

• I had the same message today. I've send a report to Bitdefender. Hope to have some feedback.