Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Restart required every single day

Options

Fifteen or so minutes after I start my computer every morning for the last several weeks, Bitdefender says it requires a computer restart.  Often if leave for a while, when I come back my computer will have been restarted by BitDefender which is more than annoying.  I generally give it a restart after a while and it shuts up about restarting until the next day and we start again.

Everyone that runs as admin is probably not aware that BitDefender installs new software every couple of weeks lately.  I am only aware because I run without admin privileges, any software trying to install requires me to enter the admin password for it.  If you care about security not running as admin is a good idea.

If these restarts continue until my renewal comes due, then goodbye BitDefender.  All the renewal requests coming months early are also rather annoying.  Quite amazing how this supposed background software has become so in your face annoying.

Fed up, it is just supposed to work.

Tagged:

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

For the restart prompts :

/index.php?/topic/72660-constant-demands-to-restart-system/&page=2&do=embed&comment=266823&embedComment=266823&embedDo=findComment#comment-266823">

• I finally got fed up with this as well.  Not only does it require reboot all the time, when the information dialog comes up it takes focus and uselessly has the letter "Y" mapped to Yes I want to reboot.  So, if I'm typing and happen to type a "Y" it reboots the computer for me.  ANNOYING!  This has happened to me several times in the last few weeks.  I tried changing the update to "ask me before downloading" but this morning it was telling me I needed to reboot again, so that feature isn't worth squat.  I turned off updates altogether.  What a pain in the .

• tls1
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi,

My daughter has this same problem. Can you provide detailed instructions on this " go to Central and download the Agent like you would for a fresh install and run it". I cannot find it...

she has build 20.0.29.1550 (total security 2016) engine version 7.69535 and signatures 8252659.

I also notice that some of my win10 devides have upgraded to 2017... how to force that on other machines?

Thanks!

tls1

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Please follow the steps in the article below to upgrade that machine to 2017 as well.

https://www.bitdefender.com/support/upgrading-to-bitdefender-2017-on-my-computer-1711.html

• gfx
    Options

/index.php?/profile/201429-sorin-g/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="201429" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/201429-sorin-g/" rel="">@Sorin G.

On my side this procedure do not work (Bitdefender IS 2016 on Win10PRO x64).

After download .exe file (with my BD Central Account), when I started the installer (run as administrator), nothing is happening... absolutely nothing. :(

Do You know what is a reason?

• Hello there, again I'm here! I have already install Bitdefender Agent, should I uninstall and download it again then I will install again? 

NOTE: I have also the same problem, restart required problem. Thanks

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Best way to do this is to use our removal tool to ensure you have a clean machine and then install the product from Central.

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/Bitdefender_2017_UninstallTool.exe

/index.php?/profile/207739-gfx/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="207739" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/207739-gfx/" style="" rel="">@gfx Run the tool above, the product may not have been removed entirely. Also remove any other security solutions.

Also please let me know what build of Windows are you running on that machine.

• I tried to follow a bunch of steps provided but unfortunately, I couldnt uninstall BD TS2016 even from the control panel itself. Finally, I downloaded the BD uninstall tool, uninstalled BD, then reinstalled BD 2017 from my BD Central account online and I now have BD TS2017 back active.. Love it!