Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Software installation problem

I have Bitdefender Internet Security 2017 running under Windows 10 Pro. I attempted to install an application and Bitdefender flagged one executable file as infected (false positive) and neutralized it. The rest of the application installed properly but I am left with missing functionality. Subsequent attempts to uninstall and reinstall the application with Bitdefender turned off (both On-access scanning and Active Threat Control) result in this one executable file failing to install while the rest of the application installs without incident. It appears that Bitdefender has locked this file out (guessing a registry entry) so Windows 10 will not allow it to be installed. I get an error message saying I do not have permission to install the file even though I am doing the installation as an administrator. If I can undo the lockout, I can add this file to the exclusions list so it will not be scanned. Does anyone know how to release this file from lockout for installation?

Comments

• I solved my own problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software to a new folder with Bitdefender completely turned off. I added the file in question to the exclusions list and turned Bitdefender back on. The application is now restored to full functionality. I tore almost all of my hair out before hitting on the correct solution. It is sometimes difficult to be logical when you are banging your head against the wall.

• virtualclouds
    edited June 2017

It seems there is missing components during your installation of BD. This will probably result of the application will be in the registry with some parts are missing.

If you can't fully uninstall the Bitdefender, Try to use System restore tool from Windows then select your previous windows settings. This will rollback the changes made from your registry. Then try to do a fresh install of your program.

Hope it works.