Upgrade from 2017 to 2018?
What would be the best way to upgrade my AV Plus 2017 to the 2018 one?
If you want to install it you do the following:
- uninstall version 2017 then restart the computer;
- uninstall Bitdefender Agent;
- Go to Bitdefender Central and click on my DEVICES. Wait until you see the BITDEFENDER INSTALL button at the top;
- Click the button and download the installation file.
- start the installation and follow in the window if the desired language is checked;
- Adjustments are almost identical to the old version.0
Just out of curiosity, I went to Bitdefender Central and WITHOUT uninstalling previous 2017 ver., I downloaded the "new" supposedly 2018 ver and after it completed the download process, I discovered that it was again the 2017 version instead of the new 2018, so I guess the UN-installation of the 2017 ver. before attempting anything further, is obligatory
Thanks again !0
Or you can use my procedure posted here:
Use Google Translate to Translate in en
Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM0
Updating the Bitdefender application from one version to the next is a real nightmare because all your settings are lost. For example in version 2017 I configured ransomware protection with about 20 trusted applications. After the upgrade i have to redo the complete process. About one year ago i proposed Bitdefender to build in an option to export the configuration or at least keep the configuration when updating. Nothing has changed so far as i experienced today when updating from 2017 to 2018. " data-emoticon="" src="https://us.v-cdn.net/6031943/uploads/ipb_attachments/emoticons/default_angry.png" title="" />0