Bluestacks

I followed this thread:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35502

to fix an issue with Bluestacks

Unfortunatelly, after following all steps Bluestacks still cannot be installed on a computer with Bitdefender Total Security installed.

Do you have other solutions?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

Hiya Slavek,

It was confirmed by Georgia some time back that Bluestacks was not blocked by Bitdefender and that the problem was at their end -

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

We wish to confirm that Bluestacks is not currently blocked in any way by Bitdefender, the encountered incompatibility message is from their end. Also, we confirm that we have already tried contacting the software publisher in regards to this matter without receiving any reply ourselves.

For the encountered situation we recommend you to contact the Bluestacks software vendor.

In the meantime, if you are still striving to install Bluestacks, you can achieve that if you remove Bitdefender temporarily. Simply reinstall Bitdefender when you're done and both programs will work smoothly afterwards.

Thank you for your understanding, have a nice evening!

• One way to verify if it's BD causing the issue is to disable it and see if Bluestacks work. smile2.png

I disabled everything (like I mentioned in the beginning of this thread) but Bluestacks still does not work...

Any advise?

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

Have you tried going into msconfig>startup tab, unchecking Bitdefender, rebooting and then downloading Bluestacks? You can then re-enable Bitdefender at startup

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

@ Slavek

Please post back a screen shot with the error that comes up during installation to see whether the message comes from Bitdefender or from Bluestacks.

Thank you.

• @ Slavek

Please post back a screen shot with the error that comes up during installation to see whether the message comes from Bitdefender or from Bluestacks.

Thank you.

Here you go. Attached...

post-180991-1401729937_thumb.png

• So? Can anyone help? Is there any solution around?

• Josy
    edited November 2014
    So? Can anyone help? Is there any solution around?

Hi,

I have had the same issues.

So I uninstalled the Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 and installed Bluestacks. I worked for a while with Bluestacks, just to make sure that everything is ok.

Then I installed Bitdefender. Since then Blueastacks failed to run.

Although I put several applications (out of the Bluestacks folder) into the list of rules in the firewall, I have not suceeded yet.

The big question is, shall every application out of the bluestacks folder be included into the firewall rule list?

any ideas what's behind this failures?

thanks in advance

my best regards

Josy

• Hiya Josy,

It has been confirmed that Bitdefender is not blocking Bluestacks, the problem lies with Bluestacks. You need to contact them to sort this out.

Ro.

• I am unable to install new Android emulator Nox. This one is the latest one and a good alternative to Bluestacks. Is this due to Bitdefender. I am asking this because I am using the antivirus software on my Windows 10 Laptop.

This discussion has been closed.