Cannot Reinstall Bitdefender

Ok so this started when I had just installed the new windows update. As soon as I opened the bitdefender GUI I had around 20 notifications about "files blocked on boot" it had blocked a ton of temp files, and I thought this was a normal part of windows update and that bitdefender just blocked some files leftover from the update. I then noticed that I couldn't turn on the bitdefender firewall. I googled a fix for this and found this article: https://www.bitdefender.com/support/cannot-activate-bitdefender-firewall-1536.html

I went through the steps and found that the Base Filtering Engine service was already running properly so I decided I would try to reinstall bitdefender, so I went into the uninstall part of the control panel and clicked on the uninstall button for bitdefender total securty. It gave me two options to uninstall or to reinstall  I clicked reinstall because I thought it would be faster so it went through the process  and told me I had to uninstall avast before it could reinstall bitdefender (I had completely forgotten I even had avast installed) so when avast uninstalled I clicked the restart button in the bitdefender reinstall window and it restarted my pc. On restart there was nothing  related to bitdefender that opened so I decided to just download the installer from bitdefender central. When I run the installer that I downloaded from bitdefender central it doesn't do anything it makes an admin prompt appear I click yes then it stays in task manager for a few seconds then the process  ends. I go back into the uninstall  part of control panel and try uninstalling bitdefender agent (the only bitdefender product that appears in the list) but when I click uninstall it says that It detects bitdefender total security installed and that bitdefender total security must be uninstalled first. This is preventing me from installing bitdefender any way to fix this?

Comments