Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Getting Flase positives on 1 of 3 computers

Options

I'm running into a very odd problem with Bitdefender Total Security 2018.  I have 3 computers running Windows 10 1709 all running bit defender 2018, all linked to the same account.

On one of the computers , when I try running a program that will disable the very annoying Explorer ribbons called Ribbon Disabler , Bitdefender freaks out, stops the program from running, and then disinfects(deletes) the program in question.  The other 2 computers I have run that utility just fine as Bitdefender on those computers doesn't seem to care.

What's going on here? Its the exact same file on each of these computers but i get different results. What's even more odd is when I scanned the file bit defender said it clean on all computers.

The inconsistency really concerns me.

Comments

• Maki711
    Maki711 ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

Protection tab > Antivirus > Settings cog > Show advanced settings > Action after the scan is completed > Move files to quarantine

I did this so I can see what files were affected by BitDefender, if BD would move an EXE or any File that I need, I would go to Quarantine and just restore it.

On other computers the BitDefender would "change" those files during installation, making it look like there is no "problem". (If you REALLY want to install a program that BD thinks its bad, you could just disable "BitDefender Shield" and enable it after the installation, the BD should finde the infected file even after that, then you can Restore it from quarantine)

if you are copying that program of your via USB, you should change the "Scan USB devices" to "Ask every time" too because the BD would disinfect the files on USB before you even copy it.

But do this only if you 100% trust that program.

Its just my idea, not really sure.

Maybe this will help:
    /index.php?/topic/77944-app-blocking-is-crazy-how-to-disable-for-program-installation/" rel="">https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?/topic/77944-app-blocking-is-crazy-how-to-disable-for-program-installation/

But why is that happening, no idea... That kind of inconsistency is really questionable. 

You could read some other topic on this forum and you will see that there are few problems with BD...