Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

?? BD has detected a new device and will scan in the background

Options

Hi. 

Everytime I turn on my laptop I get the same message from BD: 

"New Device detected. Bitdefender detected a new device and will scan it in the background"

but it does't say what is the device ?  How can I found out ?

and after how can BD stop showing this message over and over ?

I use BD internet security 2018

thank you

stef, Montreal

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Are you using a USB Stick or a card reader ?

Anything that gets automatically mounted ?

•  

11 hours ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

Are you using a USB Stick or a card reader ?

Anything that gets automatically mounted ?

thank you for your help Sorin G.  Bingo.  you got it right.  it was my permanently mounted sd card in the laptop #### .  

now what I know its nothing really I can live with it,  but is there an easy way of telling BD not to show this message on every boot ?

thanks

stef

• Cal
    Cal
    edited February 2018
    Options

I have the same problem with "new device" detected, and it is always the same programs.  I do have a microSD card in the laptop that gets mounted automatically.  What is the way of telling BDF not to show this message on every boot?  BTW I am using 2018 Total Security.

Thanks

Cal 

• On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:34 AM, Cal said:

I have the same problem with "new device" detected, and it is always the same programs.  I do have a microSD card in the laptop that gets mounted automatically.  What is the way of telling BDF not to show this message on every boot?  BTW I am using 2018 Total Security.

Thanks

Cal 

Try Opening/closing Device Manager, then Opening showing hidden devices-  you can also turn off scanning USB devices in settings (then reboot)...