Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2018 slows page loads of Chrome SIGNIFICANTLY

Options

I have been using Bitdefender for about six months with no issues. About two weeks ago -- around the end of January 2018 -- Chrome had become very, very slow to load pages. After some troubleshooting for a week looking for other possible causes, finally completely removing Bitdefender today immediately became the fix. (By the way, an update to Bitdefender was installed a couple of days ago....this was NOT a FIX nor does it look like the root CAUSE for my problem -- the slowdown bridged the date of that update.) Now I am running without a Bitdefender install....Not good!

I bought a three year subscription --- YIKES! (Windows 10 with all current updates, HP Laptop with Intel Core i7 technology, 4 MBytes of RAM)

Comments

• Sergiu C.
    Options

Hi, 

It's possible that there was an issue with the certificate that Bitdefender installs in your browsers to be able to check secure websites for malware. Can you check if the issue re-occurs if you reinstall Bitdefender? https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2266/

•  

I also have a problem loading pages on Google Chrome bitdefender certificate slows down loading pages

• I followed Sergiu's, ("Support Guy," above in this thread) and very early results look good! Thanks Sergiu.

Fingers are crossed. If there is a disappointing surprise, I will be back...

• DerMaddin
    edited May 2018
    Options

I had the same issue some months ago. I have disabled BitDefender's SSL scan and it solved the issue in long term.

But these days I am facing the same symptoms again from time to time (SSL scan is still disabled).

I have around 15 tabs open and many of them load and load and load... then saying "no response" etc. or PWA's freeze at halfway loading. Even LastPass browser extension cannot connect to its online services at that time.

Checking Task Manager I see BitDefender Security Service consuming around 23% CPU.

But at the same time I am able to use any other Browser (Edge, Opera, FireFox, Vivaldi) with also having 5 - 15 Tabs open and loading really fast.

Maybe it can happen in every browser, but Chrome is my most-used one, so I have always only seen it there.

Chrome: Version 66.0.3359.170 (official build) (64-Bit)

System:

Intel Core i5-3350P (3,1 GHz, 4 cores, 4 threads)

2x4GB RAM.

Internet connection: 50 MBit/s fibre

I have recorded a session, running Chrome (one tab, later with disabled extensions) and Vivaldi side by side:

• Sparkz
    Options

I've got exactly the same issues as shown by @DerMadden. I also tend to have many tabs open for a long time. My internet speed is also very fast and most pages used to load in a fraction of a second.

The problem only started after installing BitDefender a few weeks ago. I turned off all the web features and I thought it was ok until the other day when it suddenly started again?!

It is so slow that on most web pages they are totally unusable. Forget streaming or pages with lots of inputs. As shown in @DerMadden video, I get the same. When it's running slowly the BitDefender app goes to the top of the list from less than 1% cpu (i7 6950X) to 20%+, so it's obviously BitDefender slowing Chrome down. With other browsers BitDefender stays less than 1% or 2%.

Why is BitDefender ignoring my request to stop interfering with my browsing? How can I fix this please?

• Sparkz
    Options

I got a notification today that the Bitdefender software has been updated and I needed to restart my system

After the restart everything is back to normal. :)

Thanks guys