Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

macOS Mojave

Options

Before downloading the latest operating system for my iMac (macOS Mojave) should I turn off Bitdefender Antivirus and turn back on once download is complete or can I download macOS Mojave with Bitdefender left working ? Thank you.

Comments

• Petre
    edited September 2018
    Options

I'm also interested in receiving an answer from Bitdefender.

I have actually uninstalled Bitdefender from my Mac ( which is running MacOS Mojave for almost 2 weeks) because it was slowing my Mac considerably.

Since removing Bitdefender, my Mac is blazing fast, loading my Desktop elements instantaneous. When I was running Bitdefender, I had to wait around 30 seconds until my Desktop directories would appear after a reset.

Besides that, every single file-change was scanned, and I ended up with Bitdefender scanning continuous in the Background. That was annoying and it was putting a lot of pressure on my Mac.

And yes, I know about these settings: "scan only new elements" and "Don't scan backups" or whatever... Didn't help that much.

So Bitdefender, are we going to have problems ?? 

• Roxana G
    Options

11 hours ago, Blighty said:

Before downloading the latest operating system for my iMac (macOS Mojave) should I turn off Bitdefender Antivirus and turn back on once download is complete or can I download macOS Mojave with Bitdefender left working ? Thank you.

Hello,

There is no need to turn off Bitdefender Shield when upgrading to MacOS Mojave.

• Roxana G
    Options

8 hours ago, Petre said:

I'm also interested in receiving an answer from Bitdefender.

I have actually uninstalled Bitdefender from my Mac ( which is running MacOS Mojave for almost 2 weeks) because it was slowing my Mac considerably.

Since removing Bitdefender, my Mac is blazing fast, loading my Desktop elements instantaneous. When I was running Bitdefender, I had to wait around 30 seconds until my Desktop directories would appear after a reset.

Besides that, every single file-change was scanned, and I ended up with Bitdefender scanning continuous in the Background. That was annoying and it was putting a lot of pressure on my Mac.

And yes, I know about these settings: "scan only new elements" and "Don't scan backups" or whatever... Didn't help that much.

So Bitdefender, are we going to have problems ?? 

Hello Petre,

We would like to inform you that Bitdefender was not compatible with the Beta version of Mojave. Thus, if Bitdefender was installed while the OS was in Beta stage we cannot guarantee a proper functionality of the product.

• Thank you Roxanna!

• Hi Roxana,

is Bitdefender compatible now? 

I think Mojave was officially released yesterday. 

• Roxana G
    Options

18 hours ago, Petre said:

Hi Roxana,

is Bitdefender compatible now? 

I think Mojave was officially released yesterday. 

Hello Petre,

Yes, the official version of Mojave was released on 24th September and Bitdefender is compatible with the official version.