Critical error

BitDefender Multi Device 2017

Since Friday 28/10 I started getting critical errors popping up all the time.

This happened after Windows updates and apparently a BitDefender update.

I tried almost everything to resolve, but it is still not working...

a) I tried the repair process recommended by BitDefender: When the system reboots, Bitdefender works, it downloads an update and asks for reboot. I restart: the critical errors come back

b ) I tried uninstalling, reboot, reinstall: same thing (Bitdefender works, it downloads an update and asks for reboot. I restart: the critical errors come back)

c) I tried uninstalling the Windows updates, unfortunately can't seem to be able to uninstall KB3199986. I uninstall/re-install BitDefender: same thing

d) I uninstall bitdefender, reboot, uninstall bitdefender agen, reboot, delete all folders left and clean registry, reinstall: same thing...

In the meantime, I have no clue if I am protected or not :/

I sent a message to support who told me to try and repair (although I already tried before), sent them the log files generated by the support tool, and since then, no news... Ticket number 2016103109200003

All I want to say is... Help :) Is anyone else facing the same issue?

Capture3.JPG

Comments

• Hey MattNSW

I experience exactly the same issue. We also sent an email to the helpdesk, but with no result...

In the meantime, have you already discovered some solutions?

Best regards

DirkVM

• On 11/6/2016 at 0:28 PM, DirkVM said:

Hey MattNSW

I experience exactly the same issue. We also sent an email to the helpdesk, but with no result...

In the meantime, have you already discovered some solutions?

Best regards

DirkVM

Hi MattNSW and DirkVM

Have you done a clean uninstall of bitdefender using ccleaner or revo uninstaller?

• Hello,

Please go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer > Applications

Let me know if you have a crash from Bitdefender and what was the faulting module.

Are you using a nvidia GPU ? There was a old driver that caused such crashes.

• On 8-11-2016 at 7:35 PM, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

Please go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer > Applications

Let me know if you have a crash from Bitdefender and what was the faulting module.

Are you using a nvidia GPU ? There was a old driver that caused such crashes.

Hey Sorin

Thanks for your reply and solution. I updated Bitdefender, Windows 10 and my nvidia GPU. This resolved the problems. 

If the problems return, I will let you know.

Best Regards

DirkVM

• Hi guys,

Sorry for a late answer...

My computer crashed whikle I was trying to solve the issue by myself (power failure in the middle of a chkdsk... ARGH!).

Sorin, I'm not using an Nvidia GPU but hopefully it helped someone else.

Here is the latest I got from support:

Please follow the steps below in order to find out if a Bitdefender module is causing this issue (and if it does, which one):

1. Open Bitdefender Total Security 2017 > click on the settings button (the hamburger menu from top-left) >

I. Click on Protection and then “View modules”:
    1.    at the Antivirus module > turn off "On-Access scanning" and "Active Threat Control"
    2.    at the Antispam module > turn off "Antispam"
    3.    at the Vulnerability module > turn off "Vulnerability"
    4.    at the Web Protection module > turn off the "Search Advisor", "Scan SSL", "Protection against fraud", "Protection against phishing"
    5.    at the Firewall module > turn off the "Firewall"
    now, click on the settings button (the hamburger menu from top-left) >

2.  Click on Privacy and then “View modules”:
    1.    at the Password Manager module > turn off "Password Manager"

now, click on the settings button (the hamburger menu from top-left) >

3. Click on Settings and then “Profiles”:
    1.    at the Advanced tab > turn off “Scan hosts file”
    2.    at the Profiles module > turn off "Activate profiles automatically"

If the issue is solved by disabling all the modules, please try to enable just one at a time in order to check which of them is causing this issue.

Let say it was not really helpful.

Good thing is with the crash, I had no choice but to re-install everything from scratch, and since then: Bitdefender works...

Always look at the bright side of life

• Bitdefender is one of the best usable antiviruses that protects our devices but sometimes it shows some error while updating time…

It happens due to internal error. To get rid of this problem you may contact us and visit us :

https://askanyquery.com/how-to-resolve-bitdefender-update-failed-error-1002/