Bitdefender VPN stopped working on Outlook/Gmail account

Ever since the most recent Windows update, our Outlook (which we use to access our Gmail business account) stopped working when Bitdefender VPN is connected. I always get the same message saying: “We are unable to connect right now. Please check your network and try again later”.

The moment we switch off Bitdefender VPN, Outlook works again.

This is only a very recent issue and Bitdefender VPN combined with Outlook worked perfect before.

Any idea what to do to get this working again (and sorry, I’m not an IT expert)?

Comments

• Hello,

Most email providers have started banning VPN provider server IPs in an attempt to combat or limit spam usage.

This does not only affect us but all VPN providers and  for the time being the only alternatives are to either disconnect the VPN when sending emails or to use the online web app of your email provider instead of a local client.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

• This pretty much makes the VPN useless in practice since Outlook is retrieving mail frequently.

• Mail works fine with gmail on my MAC. On my wife's PC, I experience the same problem above. The only difference I can see is the MAC uses IMAP and the PC/Outlook uses smtp/pop servers. Any other suggestions?