Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Installation File Triggers UAC All The Time

Options

I have BitDefender Antivirus Free Edition running on a few PCs. A few of those PCs are operated by people who stay on a standard user account, not an administrator account. These accounts will fairly regularly have annoying popups that will come up multiple times and will not allow the user to do anything until they stop popping up. They appear to be triggered by "C:\Users~useracc~\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX1\bddeploy.exe" and the file is referred to as "Installation File", so I get the assumption that it is trying to run and that because they are not on an admin account, they're unable to enter the admin password and select "yes". However, selecting "no" makes the popup go away, only for it to come back up within 2-3 seconds. Sometimes this popup only comes up two or three times, sometimes it comes up ten times. I've noticed that this happens more often when there is an update ready for BitDefender. However, even after selecting "no" multiple times, BitDefender still runs properly, so I know that this isn't really essential for BitDefender to function.

Is there anything that I can do for these users so that they don't have to deal with these UAC prompts without making them admins on the PC? Anybody run into this problem in the past? Thanks!

Comments

• PeytonBirch
    Options

I have BitDefender Antivirus Free Edition running on a few PCs. A few of those PCs are operated by people who stay on a standard user account, not an administrator account. These accounts will fairly regularly have annoying popups that will come up multiple times and will not allow the user to do anything until they stop popping up. They appear to be triggered by "C:\Users~useracc~\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX1\bddeploy.exe" and the file is referred to as "Installation File", so I get the assumption that it is trying to run and that because they are not on an admi https://19216811.cam/ n account, they're unable to enter the admin password and select "yes". However, selecting "no" makes the popup go away, only for it to come back up within 2-3 seconds. Sometimes this popup only comes up two or three times, sometimes it comes up ten times. I've noticed that this happens more often when there is an update ready for BitDefender. However, even after selecting "no" multiple times, BitDefender still runs properly, so I know that this isn't really essential for BitDefender to function.

issue got solved!!