Please do not kill Password Manager from Bitdefender Total Security Solutions

asifali
asifali
edited January 2022 in Password Manager
I just learned that Password Manager is launched as a revived product, and now requires premium fee to use it. Why though? PW Manager is an essential and crucial feature of any Security Solution Suit. Bitdefender Total Security Solution should not be deprived of new PW manager.

I hope you guys won't remove the old pw manager from Bitdefender total security solution. Please, don't.

Thanks.
Tagged:

Answers

• Hello @asifali ,

We're glad you find our Password Manager useful. Your voice is heard 😊

Happy holidays,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• asifali
    asifali
    edited December 2021
    😎 When your voice is finally heard online...😎
  • Well, tougher and tougher in real life, with the current times we're facing 😉

Cheers,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• The comment does not answer the query.

BitDefender: Your website advertises that the Password Manager is included with TotalSecurity, which I just purchased.

I am trying to configure my new account and you want more money for the Password Manager. Not cool.

How do I get the Password Manager without paying more?

• @KiCao Precisely Bitdefender is advertising "Password Manager" as being a part of "Total Security".

This is false advertising.

When will we be receiving Password Manager with our subscriptions as indicated on your product features page?

• Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience and for sharing your thoughs on this subject.

Clearly, there has been a misunderstanding and I will provide you with a well deserved explanation.

Listing the Password Manager in the Privacy section on the website led to this confusion, because what should actually be specified there is the existing Wallet.

Bitdefender Wallet and Bitdefender Password Manager are not the same product. The main difference is the multiplatform password synchronization. Password Manager is a standalone software compatible with Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS, while the Wallet is a password manager module with basic functionality that comes with the paid security solutions Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, Bitdefender Internet Security, Bitdefender Total Security. The Wallet is available only on Windows and does not work on Mac, Android, or iOS devices.

Wallet integrates with the following Windows browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Bitdefender Safepay. Unlike Password Manager, the Wallet does not offer master password recovery options: if you forget your Master Password you lose all your passwords. Wallet functions are limited to autosave & autofill, auto-lock, and a password generator. You can import data from other password management applications only in .db and .csv format.

On the other hand, the Password Manager works with Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari across Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. If you forget your master password, you can always reset it and regain access to your data. It has a plethora of bonus features that increase your privacy: autosave & autofill, password generator, password quality check, search & delete password duplicates, (un)hide passwords as you type them, security reports, password leak alert, secure notes, remote logout, biometric unlock on mobile devices. You can import data from other password management applications in multiple formats: csv, json, xml, txt, 1pif, fsk.

The new Bitdefender Password Manager service is currently available for purchase exclusively through the Bitdefender Central account. More updates will come for this product next year, including a full launch on the official Bitdefender website www.bitdefender.com, all in the first quarter of 2022.

Regarding its inclusion in the Home User products portfolio, there are several options on the table and the developers are also considering to implement many special features for the Premium account. The product is still in its early stages and its final form will soon be revealed.

The developers and product managers are aware of the teminology concern and the product pages will soon be updated to reflect a more accurate description, with the scope to provide more clarity and underline the difference between the two. The specifications should indicate in a clear and understandable way what is included in the package and what are the available add-ons.

These are the latest developments available and I hope they shed some light on the controversy.

Best wishes.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user