Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD still scans exceptions

For some months now, my BD Total Security has been scanning many folders on my C drive, which I had already added as exceptions in the Antivirus manage exceptions window.

Today, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again. I instantly added the exceptions after the installation is done, and within an hour it started doing the same, scanning exceptions and slowing my system.

I am sure it is BD accessing the files since I use ProcMon64.

Any ideas on the issue?

My system specs:

Dell laptop, Windows 8.1 64-bit, 8 GB RAM

Intel i5 5200U

Comments

• Hello @HusamZak and welcome to the Community!

We need to know what exceptions have been made, how they are being detected and under what circumstances.

Therefore, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information is required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Ironbuket
    Ironbuket ✭✭✭

You may be seeing the issue that I have reported. For me, BD scans all drives exactly 1Hr after you boot into Windows. It ignores all exceptions and scans drives set not to be scanned. Ive already been through support, provided them BD logs and they ended up telling me it was normal behaviour...

Ive ended up having to hide my drives from BD using diskpart offline and then putting them back online after the unwanted scans. If you want them to stop scanning your OS drive obviously you cant do that.

Internet Security (Paid), Windows10 Pro64, Ryzen7 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX3070, 5 internal storage drives, 2x ext hot-swap drives

• HusamZak
    edited April 2022

After reading your comment, dear Ironbuket, and after searching online, I found out that the scans do actually begin within an hour of any log in.

I opened task scheduler in Windows, and I found it.

Name:

Bitdefender Agent WatchDog

Trigger:

At log in of any user, after 1:00:00

Actions:

Start a program: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Agent\26.0.1.220\Watchdog repair

Thing is, I disabled the task a week ago and the scan did not start during the past week. Still, today it did scan the files and I went to the task scheduler to find that the task has been enabled again. I changed the settings this time to run only once (made the date yesterday), and kept it enabled to see what happens next.

As I found in some thread online, sending Bitdefender team these logs they are asking for did not do anything, and that they replied to the poor guy that the software is supposed to do that.

In short:

Dear Bitdefender team, I have been a loyal BD customer and supporter since 2007. However, if I do not have control over what the software does, I will end my subscription. I have already downloaded Kaspersky trial to see how it performs.

BD team even removed the option to enable or disable Autopilot mode, it is always on now!

• UPDATE:

After a restart, (which I rarely do), the BD task in the task scheduler was reset to its default values. What I did is that I first disabled the task, and kept the task scheduler open to check on it from time to time to see if it was enabled or not. No nasty scans so far since the restart last night! Also, after I wake the system from sleep, it is still disabled.

What I liked about BD in the past is that it gave you complete control over what is done on your system. In old versions you could simply (which I miss now):

1. disable automatic updates permenantly (you could still run them manually though when you want which I used to do)
    2. disable any kind of automatic scans of system
    3. disable AutoPilot mode

Sadly, the situation has changed.

• Sadly, even with the task disabled, BD still does the annoying spontaneous scans.

That's it for me. BD is going down the toilet. Currently uninstalling. Not buying again.