Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

What does this mean?

Options

Could someone tell me what addons.i7con.net is?

This message keeps popping up every 10 seconds or so and makes MS Edge almost unusable.

How do I get rid of it and stop the message interrupting the use of MS Edge?

This is most annoying, and I must stop the message.

Cheers

Mike

Answers

• RedsFan
    RedsFan ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options

Do you have an addon or extension installed recently is MS edge ?

The only thing i found was something related to Cisco ?

It seems that we have additional information about Addons.i7con.net:

1. mistyped.one
    2. Lists
    3. Cisco Umbrella List
    4. Page 998
    5. Addons.i7con.net

Addons.i7con.net was found in the Cisco Umbrella List. The Cisco Umbrella is a unique list of one million most popular websites in the world. Unlike other lists of popular websites, it is based on the most popular DNS queries. Sounds geeky? Let us explain :) Every time you type in any website address, your browser makes a request behind the scenes to get actual IP address of the website. Cisco counts these requests and ranks top million domain names according to them. It is believed that Cisco Umbrella rank is more accurate than Alexa rank, because it counts not only HTTP requests made from users with specific browser addons, but all DNS queries originating from the device.

So according to Cisco Umbrella rank, Addons.i7con.net has been ranked 997,928 out of 1,000,000 most popular sites.

Find out more about Cisco Umbrella List

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Islandview23,

The notification is triggered by an expired certificate.

If you do not visit the website and you still receive these notifications, then your browser connects to it either through allowed notifications or toolbars/extensions. I suggest that you clear the cache & cookies, remove any unused/unknown extensions and if the issues persist, reset your browser. You can find these steps here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2574/

Alternatively, you can add an exception for the website in Bitdefender - Protection - Online Threat Prevention - Manage Exceptions, or, from the same area (Online Threat Prevention) - disable the Encrypted Web Scan feature which scans for the certificates of websites (not a recommended action).

Let us know how it goes.

@RedsFan very insightful info there, much appreciated!

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user