Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Wallet Password Prompt Bug

Options

Bitdefender Wallet Password Prompt Bug

When I open my web browser (chrome), the Bitdefender Password Manager Prompt appears and asks me to enter my password.

I enter it, the whole thing freezes for seconds and after ~15 seconds it says wrong password. But when I click on the Bitdefender Chrome extension and enter my password from there it works instantly and without any problems.

I am using windows 11, does anyone have similar issues or know how to fix this ?

Comments

• I had the same issue, still no idea how to fix it, I have to enter the master password through the wallet extension on google chrome.

• I also have the problem since about 14.4. I can't fix it. It probably happened after the update. They could issue a patch update.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

I hereby confirm we do have a Wallet bug that has been acknowledged by the developers. The product teams are working on a fix that will be deployed via an automated update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and for reporting this.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• drcos
    Options

Open the wallet from the Bitdefender dashboard and enter your password. Until it's fixed.

• babaorum
    Options

Yes same issue here, it's a long time now when will it be fixed ?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

The engineers are still working on it. We don't have an ETA yet, but a fix is coming soon.

Thank you for your patience.

• Hans55
    Options

Hi. It's now may 17. When is the bugfix? It is very annoying.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hello @Hans55 and welcome to the Community!

The fix is ready to be deployed in the upcoming release (should arrive next week). The developers could not include it in the most recent update 26.0.16.69, because it was not fully completed at that time and they had to prioritize the already scheduled fixes to be implemented in this month's release.

More information regarding new releases and fixes is now available for the users in the thread below:

Regards

• Hello @Alexandru_BD,

do you know roughly when the patch will be rolled out in EU (Belgium)? My product version is 26.0.14.64 and the chrome extension is version 21.3.0.15. It's 9 months since the last post in this thread, and I only got this new machine in December, so would expect it to have a higher version number than the version given by you above.

Thanks,

Luke

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Luke M,

As far as I'm aware, it should have arrived there by now. Open the systray, righ-click on Bitdefender and select 'update now'. Let us know what version comes up.

Regards

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

And if you don't see the version, you can also right-click the system tray icon, About. Or, the life preserver at the top of the dashboard.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/