Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Tor not connecting Hydra.Sdk.Windows.Service.exe high cpu usage

Options
Isobel
edited June 2022 in VPN

Hydra.Sdk.Windows.Service.exe

seems to be blocking tor browser use,and only 16% on task manager but 98% cpu dropped to 23% when ending task. Is Hydra.Sdk.Windows.Service.exe strictly needed to run vpn and security suite?

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Isobel,

Are you using Mozilla Firefox?

While the VPN is active and using Mozilla Firefox, our engineers have received several slowdown reports. In the task manager, they have noticed that the processor is used at 100% by Firefox.

There is no problem while using the VPN with other browsers. There is no problem while VPN is off.

The development teams are currently investigating this behavior.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• SamuelMoore
    Options

All along I have no problem at all till this appeared. Now I cannot start my Bitdefender VPN. Anyway to solve this problem?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@SamuelMoore try to reinstall the VPN. I've learned that this helps in some cases. Also, if you are using Mozilla, I would advise a different browser, for now.

Regards

• Isobel
    Options

"There is no problem while using the VPN with other browsers. There is no problem while VPN is off." with due respect Alexandru_BD, i am telling you Hydra.Sdk.Windows.Service.exe DOES block other browsers like Tor,AND there are problems with firefox like high cpu use when vpn is off. The problems cease when you end task Hydra.Sdk.Windows.Service.exe. The vpn seems to work after ending this task,as does Tor browser and firefox. No one answered my question though, which was ...does the Hydra.Sdk.Windows.Service.exe need to be running for the vpn and security suite to do it's job?

Many thanks for your help so far.

i

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Isobel,

I confirm, Hydra.Sdk.Windows.Service.exe is required for the Bitdefender VPN to function. So far, during tests we couldn't reproduce the issue for other browsers as well, but I suspect this might have something to do with the latest update. I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. The engineers will require logs from the machine in order to further investigate. Unfortunately, this cannot be achieved on the forums.

You can create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Then, create a connectivity log file by following the steps described here:

Afterwards, you can get in touch with our engineers by opening a ticket where you can attach the logs. Access the link below, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the e-mail contact channel:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards