Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How do I stop getting repeated 'suspiciou connection blocked' notifications for sites never visited?

Options

I've got dozens of 'suspicious connection blocked' notifications for sites I never visited until I started getting these notifications and tried them manually. Searched my history and cache - no record of either site. How can I turn them off since there's no 'keep blocking but stop notifying me' button?

The sites/msgs:

firefox.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to feeds.junkmarketstyle.com. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one.

Same message toolmonger.com. 

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Hello @KarenIsaacson and welcome to the Community!

In addition to Gjoksi's insightful post above, please note that, if you do not visit the website directly and you still receive these notifications, then your browser connects to it either through allowed notifications or toolbars/extensions. I suggest that you clear the cache & cookies, remove any unused/unknown extensions and if the issues persist, reset your browser. You can find these steps here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2574/

Alternatively, you can add an exception for those websites in Bitdefender - Protection - Online Threat Prevention - Manage Exceptions, or, from the same area (Online Threat Prevention) - disable the Encrypted Web Scan feature which scans for the certificates of websites (not a recommended action).

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• lwl
    Options

A very common cause of that type of behavior can also be related to image search engines, where its displaying media hosted elsewhere. Not to say don't look for any suspicious or malicious items, but just FYI.