Bitdefender Free "bdservicehost" Using 400 - 500 MB Of RAM

Hi, so I just got BD free and after checking task manager, I just wanted to make sure that bdservicehost using about 400-500 MB of RAM was normal. Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

Hello.

I use Bitdefender Total Security on my laptop ASUS X551CA and Bitdefender uses 300 - 500 MB of RAM, depending on the tasks (System Scan, Quick Scan, checking old/new websites while browsing, etc.), so it's normal.

Anyway, @Nunzio d'Abbruzzo uses Bitdefender Free on his device.

Maybe he can check it on his device and tell you if it's normal or not.

Regards.

• Thanks @Gjoksi 🙂

Excluding the times when you perform a quick or complete manual scan in normal use, you go from 300/200 MB to 80/100. As for example this moment of the screenshot in which I am also browsing the communuty site to write this post and I also have Thunderbird open as well as the Windows applications of normal operation.

I noticed this behavior both before when I was using the free version (I also notice it on my sister's PC who uses the free version) and now on the same PC with the Plus version.

Also I notice many processes running and some with the same name, can't you optimize by reducing them?

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Hi @Nunzio d'Abbruzzo, it has gone down to about 250 MB and after restarting it jumped to about 500 MB. Not sure if this is just me though.

• My PC hasn't reached 400/500 Mb. However, I don't know if this may depend on the hardware characteristics of the PC.

Maybe maybe in PCs with more RAM it also reaches those values. However, in my opinion this RAM management should be a bit revised.

Many users shy away from Bitdefender for this very reason.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• My PC has 16 GB of ram, so maybe. I currently only have Chrome, Task Manager, and Discord open so I'm not really too sure on why it's using this much.