Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Are emails from bitdefender@hello.bitdefender.com legit?

Options
Geoff Hart
edited October 2022 in General Topics

There's a short window on an email I received and while it looks legit there's reason to question the legitimacy.

If email from bitdefender@hello.bitdefender.com comes from Bitdefender, that's all I really need to know.

Best Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

Those messages are legit, so nothing to worry.

They contain special offers and product recommendations.

Regards.

• sanjaypasari
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Geoff Hart

Those messages are legit, so you do not have to worry.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

I confirm, it's a legit Bitdefender e-mail address.

Cheers

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• virban
    Options

Your 1st step listed in your email (Subject: 5 Steps to protect your identity and finances if your SSN gets stolen) says:

"Check if your SSN has been used to apply for social benefits in your name by creating a ‘mySocialSecurity’ account on the Social Security Administration’s website"

You might want to update this advice as following the chain of events from a google search of "Social Security Administration’s website" leads to multiple URLs, none of which have "mySocialSecurity" in it.

URLS that appear include "login.gov", and "secure.login.gov", "www.ssa.gov/setup"

Hopefully they are all legit.

After going through all that, it is still unclear how to satisfy the original objective: "Check if your SSN has been used to apply for social benefits in your name"

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@virban ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums. This is an older post dealing with whether an email address was a legitimate Bitdefender email.

I don't know what email you are referring to. Could you provide more details, including the date, sender's email address and the Subject title of the email? We can then ascertain whether it is genuine, and someone from Bitdefender will be able to provide more information.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Regards,
    Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• virban
    Options

Date: Thu, May 2, 1:03 PM

sender's email address: <bitdefender@hello.bitdefender.com> 

Subject title of the email: 5 Steps to protect your identity and finances if your SSN gets stolen

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@virban ,

Thank you for posting back the details. I am pinging @Alexandru_BD , our Forum Administrator, to comment on your posts.

He should be back to work on Monday.

Thank you for your patience. Have a great day.

Regards,
    Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor