Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bug: Settings password keeps getting reset

Options

I have noticed that Bitdefender Total Security's settings password keeps getting reset for no reason, this happens randomly, I had to set it again like three times over this week, and I only noticed this by chance while checking my settings and finding out the toggle is off.

This is especially problematic because I can't isolate when this happens, I tried several things like restarting my computer to see if that causes this bug, but no, it happens randomly after an unknown ammount of time passed.

I have seen this bug on both my PC with Windows 10, and my dad's notebook with Windows 10. Both have the latest Bitdefender version installed and automatic update enabled.

-𝑺𝒂𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒌𝑺𝑰

Comments

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited February 2023
    Options
  • SaurikSI
    Options

Thank you Scott, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem.

-𝑺𝒂𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒌𝑺𝑰

• Scott
    Options

You're welcome, and yes, you're not alone, including me.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• SaurikSI
    Options

I want to add a little update because I just noticed something, this may help the team solve this bug: This is more common when putting Windows to sleep.

I restarted my PC several times and the password was intact, but sleeping or hibernating made this bug occur more often. I'm on version 26.0.32.123

-𝑺𝒂𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒌𝑺𝑰

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @SaurikSI,

Thank you for your feedback. I have updated the internal case with your observations. I can see that the investigation is ongoing, but the developers should get to the bottom of this soon and they will release a new build containing the fix.

Regards

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@SaurikSI here it is, I just got word that a new release is rolling out and it contains the fix.

More information on the changelog can be viewed in the thread below:

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/91738/product-updates-and-release-notes#latest

Once the update arrives, kindly let us know if everything is alright by posting your feedback here. Much appreciated.

Thank you for your patience and enjoy your Bitdefender solution!

Regards

• I notice the same and jumping here to ask has there been a resolution on this issue yet?

settings> password protection?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Diamond cone

Hello.

The issue was fixed with the latest build 26.0.34.145.

From my personal experience, after updating to the latest build, the issue is solved.

Regards.

• Scott
    Options

Yes, it's been resolved on end, too.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Traceman
    Options

this is NOT working for me. I have to reset my password daily and sometimes several times a day. Then it may work for three days or not. It is making using my PC SUCK. Ive reinstalled, ive updated. NOthing works.

I have bought just about everymodule available. It is not secure. My pc is compromised. I mAY HAVE TO DEMAND A REFUND AND GO FOR PASSWORD 1 OR JUST ENCRYPT MY DRIVES AND NOT WORRY ABOUT IT. iM SICK OF IT. i SPEND A TON OF MONEY AND BITDEFENDER ALWAYS SCREWS UP. my BRAND NEW pc DOESNT DO WORK A CRAP. mY OLDER ONe in not work a crap either. You are selling a corrupt product. If it were not for me owning a Netgear router that has Netgear Armor, for the past 6 or 7 years. Ive got plenty of those burned up POS lying around here too. I found out how to keep the routers from frying. Even the RAXE500 fries. They sell routers with fans that dont even come on. Then, if thats not enough to tackle. At least 7 RMA s . There is no excuse. Then, once I find a really powerful fan with a rheostat that i can control the speed of the 6 large fans under my router it would not have lasted more than a month. So, now that I found a fix for that. Bitdefender keeps losing my passwords. I have a ton of the REcovery keys laying around with times and dates on them. Its ridiculous. Someone needs to have a class action suit put on them....Hint Hint !!!!!

I am at that point as i type this.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Traceman,

What Bitdefender version do you have? The password related issue was fixed in the build 26.0.33.137. Make sure you have the latest version and if this does not fix the situation, head to the link below to contact the Support teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this behavior locally.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards