Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How to disable the 'activate automatic profiles' popup?

Options

How do I disable the repeated popup prompts for ‘Boost your devices profile, activate automatic profiles’?

I have 'Special Offers' off in the settings

I have 'Recommendation notifications' off in the settings

Bit Defender Internet Security, Build 26.0.34.145

Thanks

Internet Security (Paid), Windows10 Pro64, Ryzen7 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX3070, 5 internal storage drives, 2x ext hot-swap drives

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Ironbuket,

Normally, if 'Recommendation notifications' are disabled, you shouldn't get any recommendation pop ups. However, you may still get recommendations on the dashboard here and these cannot be disabled:

I have my profiles set to activate automatically based on my activity and I don't get this pop up.

You could try to enable this feature temporarily and see if the pop ups are still displayed when you turn it OFF. As far as I know, there is no other particular setting that disables this type of notification, apart from the 'Recommendation notifications' option you have already disabled.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited March 2023
    Options

Agree with the above. At times, I enable Profiles from the Dashboard recommendations, just to delete it from that notice, to appease it :) Then go back and disable it, as I don't use Profiles. It can at times be a bit of a cat and mouse with the recommendations, but I've learned just to ignore some of them, some of the time :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Ironbuket
    Ironbuket ✭✭✭
    Options

I see. So the settings that turn off popups dont turn off the popups. Why am I not surprised

BD needs someone to coordinate between the different teams that work on this client. Pretty sure Ive metioned this a few times in recent years

Scans that bypass user set exceptions and popups that bypass user set preferences (rolleyes)

Internet Security (Paid), Windows10 Pro64, Ryzen7 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX3070, 5 internal storage drives, 2x ext hot-swap drives

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @Ironbuket,

Can you upload a screenshot of this notification, please? The expected behavior is that this pop-up should no longer be displayed with the 'Recommendation notifications' OFF, so i'm thinking that maybe we should have a closer look and make sure it works as intended. If you have also disabled the 'Special offers' option, this will ensure you no longer receive in-product offers. Do you still get any? Just trying to find out if the other notification preference is kept accordingly.

Regards

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

Agree with @Alexandru_BD recommendations and popups are two different things, so we can see what you're getting.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Ironbuket
    Ironbuket ✭✭✭
    Options

Recommendation notifications are also off. These popups appeared near the system tray. They disappear on their own after a few seconds so getting an pic is easier said than done.

Havent seen them today, but I could have just not been looking or afk. Could have been something triggered by a new install which I did a couple of days ago. Probably makes sense from the causes of other BD issues ive encountered in the past. It may be a hard coded (after a new install popup this message) kind of deal. Loads of stuff gets hard coded in and ignores user settings + support team doesnt know they exist

I may end up turning on profiles, Im only objecting to their appearence when user settings appear to request them not to show

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited April 2023
    Options

I understand. Perhaps you could "catch" this notification if it pops up again and take a screenshot for us to have a closer look. Its frequency is also important and we need to know under what circumstances it's being triggered, so we can find any possible correlations.

We'll stand by for this, as your objection is well founded, the recommendation notifications should follow the user preferences.

Regards

• Hello,

I have the same issue, and it is the same popup shown here:

I got the image from this thread:

Again, like other users, I have Special Offers and Recommendation notifications off.

I do not like the profiles feature as it messed up Windows Update for me, so I have it off and I do NOT want recommendations to use it.

I saw it while I was on my phone and helping my family member with something, and not even touching my computer.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for posting the screenshot @flyingfrenzy, it helped clarify things.

I did some research and it turns out that this particular notification is the only one that does not take into account the recommendation notifications settings, because it was introduced after the Profiles were implemented in the product, so there was a gap that did not allow synchronization. Therefore, this notification will also be linked with the recommendation notifications settings, so that it no longer appears whenever the user disables these notifications. My bad here, I was unaware of these specifications, but I appreciate your input.

Our developers have taken note of your valuable feedback and will proceed with the required changes, so the notification can be supressed according to the user's preferences in the future. However, we don't have a timeframe for this and kindly be advised it may take some time to get done.

I am tagging @Ironbuket here as well, thank you for posting this thread. It helped me to understand what was actually happening with this pop up. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Alex