Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

My software no longer allows me to connect to my banking

Options

I have an issue that I have been working on for the last couple of days with my browsers not being able to connect to my banking sites. The only way is to remove Bitdefender. I have used Bit Defender for years, and this just happened last week. Any ideas of what may have happened?

error message was err_empty_response

Ken

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Ken Mason and welcome to the Community!

So, this happened after the latest Bitdefender update? We would need to know which browsers are affected, which website(s), if multiple, and if you are using Safepay or VPN when trying to access the banking websites/apps, because this could be related to an additional verification process on the bank side, where if a secure environment such as Safepay or let's say a VPN encryption is being used, this may trigger some warnings on their end. I don't think all banks require this, but there are cases where, due to the over vigilance of several banks, connecting a VPN for example often triggers fraud warnings when you use it to conduct your online banking. This would be my best guess, based on the information available so far.

Otherwise, if the issue persists and the root cause cannot be found on the forum, I would suggest contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with the Bitdefender engineers by choosing one of the contact channels listed at the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Scroll down to state your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Steck1108
    Steck1108 Defender of the month
    edited January 9
    Options

I've been casually observing the phenomenon of not being able to access online banking sites, but there have been cases where there are a variety of causes, such as changing the security level around the bank's certificate authority.

Around security, Regarding the online banking contract method, when using SSL certification authority authentication, there were cases where there was a delay in SSL inspection and DNS search, so please make sure that the browser you are using has not been updated.

There were also cases where the SSL inspection operation was affected if Windows Update was incomplete.

First of all, it may be a good idea to update your browser and OS, and check with the online bank support department about the behavior of your bank's SSL certificate authority.

If you have Bitdefender anti-tracker enabled in each browser, I think the behavior will change depending on whether you have registered the internet banking site as a permitted site in the anti-tracker.

• StuMas
    StuMas Mr
    edited January 12
    Options

I've had the same issue for the past month or so. Curiously, I only get the message when accessing some of the accounts on the bank's web page, e.g., if I click on a savings a/c it works OK, but if I click on another account it doesn't (www.my.commbank.com.au didn’t send any data.). I don't get the problem on my SurfaceGo tablet (which is running Windows10 and also has BitDefender installed) but get it on my Dell Laptop (W11). The same problem occurs whether I'm using Chrome, Edge, Brave etc. The BitDefender setup looks to be the same on my Tablet and Laptop. I've tried the various other solutions recommended on the web to no avail. It does occur on other websites but I notice it the most on the banking website as I use that on most days. The same issue happens whether I'm using my VPN (NordVPN) or not.

• Ken Mason
    Ken Mason Software developer
    Options

Did all the updates but same issue works fine if I us the bitdefender safe option.

I will try tech support again but no answer last time. I will let you all know if I get a solution

• Steck1108
    edited January 12
    Options

understood.

As an additional question, regarding existing terminals, you mentioned that they are products from DELL.

I think there was a problem with the software firmware.

Target controller model  → AC9560 、I260-V

Although this is not specific to DELL, if the above type of controller has a built-in controller, there is a possibility that the issue can be resolved by updating the firmware and driver of each controller.

Regarding drivers, if DELL does not provide them, I think you will have to try Intel's general-purpose drivers.

There may be cases where the above measures are not possible, but in such cases, it may be difficult to add a separate wireless LAN adapter or wired LAN adapter.

There are cases where the network adapter for Realtek's controller is better.

Also, depending on the model of the network adapter, I think there may have been cases where it was compatible with the SSL inspection function of routers, etc. If your router is equipped with an SSL inspection function such as a UTM, you may need to enable the SSL inspection function on the communication device or update the firmware.

• StuMas
    Options

Interestingly, I didn't experience this issue today and then I noticed that I wasn't logged into my VPN (NordVPN). [My PC automatically logs into NordVPN]. In my past attempts to solve the issue I have been logged into NordVPN but only paused NordVPN or turned it off (and not logged off).

• Ken Mason
    Options

I talked to tech support, and we are still investigating the issue. Something on my system (windows update) may have changed something I cannot see. I disabled everything and my website access to my banks is blocked until I uninstall Bitdefender. Perhaps there is something my bank system does not like BitDefender?

I tried to upload the scan file to tech support, but it failed to upload, so I am at a loss. I will use the safe mode to access my banks, which works fine until I can resolve the issue.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Ken Mason ,

The Support representatives will get back to you with an alternative solution to upload the scan file in this case. Please stand by for updates, as they will reply on the open case shortly.

Regards,

Alex

• Ken Mason
    Options

Issue found. It appears that Nordvpn conflicted with Bitdefender with the secure sites. I found this out as I was uninstalling my apps one by one until the issue disappeared, and that was when I uninstalled NordVPN. I installed both apps and reinstalled Bitdefender first; I could go to my sight. I then installed Nordvpn, and it now works.

Thanks for all your help.

Ken

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Alright, issue sorted then. Good job 😊

• Steck1108
    edited January 18
    Options

I see, it was good.

Come to think of it, this was a memory from the past, but I believe it was Bitdefender's security feature, but in an environment where client tools such as virtual VPN are used in addition to the actual LAN connection interface, Bitdefender I remember that there was a phenomenon in which the Bitdefender central side was not able to accurately check the status of the device, and there were cases where the control of various security functions on the Bitdefender client tool side was not working properly.

In the past, if you installed VPN client-related and security connection tools such as Forti client tools or Sophos client tools, there was a phenomenon where Bitdefender prioritized the virtual LAN functions of those tools.

think. In the case of the above tools, either disable the virtual LAN adapter function by changing the adapter settings from the Windows Control Panel's Network Sharing Center, or disable the virtual LAN adapter function by editing the registry.

I think there is a way to lower the priority of .