Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD Mobile Security: Scam Alert And Anti-Theft Both Turned Off. Any Help?

Options
ChrisSim
ChrisSim
edited April 24 in Mobile Security

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to inform you that both Scam Alert and Anti-Theft in the BD Mobile Security App were found disabled on not just my phone but also my mother's for no reason when turning the phone off and back on (since yesterday so version 3.3.234.2411 might be the culprit I guess because that update happened about then).

Then Autopilot suggests turning them on again but Anti-Theft seems to not operate at all (no toggle is on) and cannot be enabled (no reaction when the button is pressed); I am not sure if it is working properly in that state at all. Similar with Scam Alert but here the feature appears as enabled on the Scam Alert tab itself while Autopilot complains that it is not.

Additionally, Account Privacy is seemingly not working either; the accounts added – in my case one, in my mother's three e-mail addresses – are not there anymore and no scan can be initiated or performed.

After a few minutes – I cannot pinpoint exactly when – all of the aforementioned features start working again though as if nothing had happened. Curious behaviour.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G / Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

BD Mobile Security: 3.3.234.2411

(My mother uses the very same OS and BDMS version.)

Thanks a lot for your attention! :)

Best regards,

Christian Simon

Comments

• ChrisSim
    ChrisSim
    edited April 24
    Options

In case image proof is helpful :)

Edit 1: The last image shows App Lock which is not working either ...

I think there is even more to unravel here so the list of issues is likely longer than what I described in my posts I presume.

Edit 2: It took approximately half an hour for the BD Mobile Security App to go back to its error-free state; my mother measured about the same time on her device.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited April 24
    Options

Try reinstalling the product. For me, the product is running without any errors.

If the issue persists even after reinstalling the product, kindly visit the Bitdefender support website  https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Select, Activate and Install → Install → I don't know → Contact Support → You will get the option of chatcall or email.

@Gjoksi, @garioch7 what about you guys!

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

My specs:

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G (SM-A346B/DSN)
    Android 14
    One UI Core 6.0
    Android Security Patch Level April 1, 2024
    Google Play System Update April 1, 2024
    BD Mobile Security 3.3.234.2411

I was also facing issues with Anti-Theft and App Lock modules, exactly the same issues you are having on your phones. When i wanted to enable the Anti-Theft module, there was no reaction when the button was pressed, no matter how much i tried. The same happened when i tried to set PIN for the App Lock module.

Today the issues for the 2 modules were solved by themselves, both Anti-Theft and App Lock work without any issue.

Regards.

• ChrisSim
    Options

Exactly the same here.

It will all stay that way and work for you @Gjoksi until the next time you reboot your device; then it goes nuts again for some minutes or maybe half an hour (as on my end) until the issue resolves itself again et cetera.

I hope it gets fixed soon; I feel weirdly unsecured during that time of malfunction.

• Petersl
    Petersl Defender of the month
    Options

Hi,

I have same issue on my android but only the first 30 minutes after I've boot the device. I have also tried reinstalling the app but the issue persists.

I've made a post about this issue on this forum and I made a ticket about this issue with bitdefender support.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

You could check my comment here:

(click on "2:35 pm" on right of my username to see the comment with the screenshots i posted)

Regards.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Flexx ,

Confirming issue. After my Galaxy S21 starts, the two components show that they are off. After 30 minutes or so, the messages disappear. It could be a UI bug . . .

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options
  • Same issue. Pixel 7a latest android and Google updates as of today. Several hours in and still no response from anti theft or scam protection. Reinstalled. This is my kids device so I've sent commands from bitcentral on my device to fix issues. No progress and also scans not working.

• ChrisSim
    Options

Hello everyone again,

I just wanted to come back here to say that the latest version of BDMS (3.3.236.2418) has seemingly fixed all the problems raised in this thread.

So thanks for the good work, Bitdefender! ^-^

Best regards,

Christian Simon

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Thank you @ChrisSim for your patience, appreciation and feedback! 👍️

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user