Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD Mobile Security: Scam Alert And Anti-Theft Both Turned Off. Any Help?

Options
ChrisSim
ChrisSim
edited April 24 in Mobile Security

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to inform you that both Scam Alert and Anti-Theft in the BD Mobile Security App were found disabled on not just my phone but also my mother's for no reason when turning the phone off and back on (since yesterday so version 3.3.234.2411 might be the culprit I guess because that update happened about then).

Then Autopilot suggests turning them on again but Anti-Theft seems to not operate at all (no toggle is on) and cannot be enabled (no reaction when the button is pressed); I am not sure if it is working properly in that state at all. Similar with Scam Alert but here the feature appears as enabled on the Scam Alert tab itself while Autopilot complains that it is not.

Additionally, Account Privacy is seemingly not working either; the accounts added – in my case one, in my mother's three e-mail addresses – are not there anymore and no scan can be initiated or performed.

After a few minutes – I cannot pinpoint exactly when – all of the aforementioned features start working again though as if nothing had happened. Curious behaviour.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G / Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

BD Mobile Security: 3.3.234.2411

(My mother uses the very same OS and BDMS version.)

Thanks a lot for your attention! :)

Best regards,

Christian Simon

Comments