Is this normal behavior for the Bitdefender Firewall?

So I turned on my laptop, updated bitdefender and then opened Bitdefender just to check some settings. I browse the notifications settings and noticed that the firewall was turned on 2 minutes before i started update process completed. I checked older notifications where I follow the same routine, turn on laptop, update bitdefender, get on with my day. This is the first time I've seen the notifaction that the firewall was turned on shortly after logging into my laptop. I'm a fairly new subscriber to bitdefender total security and not that tech savvy but is this normal behavior for the firewall to be turned on a few minutes after start up? I feel like it should've been on the moment I hit the power button. Regardless, any help is greatly appreciated.

Tagged:

Answers

• Hello @Bloolytning,

Normally, the firewall should be active as soon as the operating system starts, providing continuous protection.

Sometimes, certain services and processes, including the firewall, might take a little longer to initialize after the system starts. This can be due to a variety of factors such as system load, the number of startup programs, etc.
    If Bitdefender performs updates immediately after startup, it might temporarily disable and then re-enable certain components, including the firewall. Some modules are turned off for a very short time while the patch is being applied. Bitdefender has many systems that back up each other and provide protection.

It is also possible that the firewall is actually active from startup, but the notification about its status appears a few minutes later due to the order in which notifications are processed and displayed.

Now, to find out exactly what's going on there, the best way would be to generate a Support tool log and send it to the Bitdefender engineers for further investigation. Here are the steps on how to do this:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

Once the logs are generated, head to the link below to open a ticket with the Support teams and attach the file:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

State your contact reason / choose request category, then choose the contact form option. You will receive a reference number after sending your request.

Let us know if you could identify the root cause.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Bloolytning
    edited July 19

Ill submit the logs via chat, the submission via email is timing out for some reason.

Edit: after chatting with support they said its normal when I update bitdefender it may also switch off some features to update them then turn them back on. I've sent an email describing my situation to support with the image from above. I can't attach a zip file for security reasons. Maybe I'll get something eventually.

• Alright @Bloolytning, thanks for following up with your findings. 👍️ There's no need to attach a .zip file here, just keep us posted if you find out more about this.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user