Remove Anti Spam Toolbar in Thunderbird

2»

Comments

• Ive finally got rid of this toolbar. Check the version of BDF - Mine said it was already the latest, 27.0.40.173. I still did a manual update and found it was at 80%, so waited till it finally moved to 100%, then went to TB and was able to remove the toolbar!

To manually uptake, right click the BDF icon in the Windows toolbar and select Ipdate

• Yes, works for me (so far). Update 40.173 requires a restart.
    With Antispam disabled in Bitdefender I could disable the Toolbar in Thunderbird and, after restarting Thunderbird, could remove it. Did another machine restart, to check, and the Toolbar had not re-installed.

• Strange! I'd already posted this, but can't find it.

Bitdefender Support said the problem was sorted in v27.0.40.173.I checked, and mine was supposedly this version. Nevertheless, I did a manual update and found it was only at 80%, and waited till it eventually went to 100%. Then found I could finally remove the toolbar from Thunderbird!

Apparently they know about this automatic update problem and "are working on it". Would be nice if they let customers know…

• The Antispam Toolbar in Thunderbird issue has really been fixed in version 27.0.40.174. See the Latest Bitdefender Build Version & Manual Update Guide page. (You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.) :)

The extension could still not be removed in Thunderbird but after deleting 'bdthunderbird111[at]bitdefender.com.xpi' from the Thunderbird 'extensions dir' the Antispam Toolbar DID NOT reappear, not even after a warm boot (system restart) nor a cold boot (system shutdown and startup)! Antispam was disabled in Protection Features all of the time ofcourse.
    *Note that the @ character has been replaced with [at] in the extension file name!

Well done! :)

• @allenmack I do believe this was resolved a month ago.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user