I sent a link to my daughter but it only installs the trial version. What can I do?

I have the Premium package which covers 10 users. I send a link to my daughter but it ends up installing the trial version. How can I solve this problem?

Answers

• Hello.
    ONLY Bitdefender staff can have access to your Bitdefender Central account, your devices, your payments/purchases and/or your subscription(s).
    So, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:
    https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/
    Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.
    Select: Purchase & Manage Subscription -> My Bitdefender Central Account, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.
    NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!
    Also, @Alexandru_BD (who works for Bitdefender) can take a look here and help you with the issue. You can PM him.
    Regards.

• Hello @Pantelis Mina,

Are you sure she's using the exact link you sent her? Has she used Bitdefender products before? It's possible that your daughter is logged in using her Central account. She should first logout from that one, then use the install link you sent her. You can also resend the link, if necessary.

Otherwise, the Support teams can help with this.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Flexx
    Flexx mod
    edited October 8

Alternatively, consider downloading the Bitdefender Total Security setup from the link provided below. Once installed, it will prompt you for your online Bitdefender Central details. After entering them, the premium version will be activated, offering advanced features and comprehensive protection through Bitdefender Total Security.

https://download.bitdefender.com/windows/installer/en-us/bitdefender_tsecurity.exe

Kindly note that the primary product name displayed will only be Bitdefender Total Security, as there is no higher product developed than that. Premium Security only offers additional features to Total Security; you will not see names like Bitdefender Premium Security on the main GUI.

@Alexandru_BD, what do you think of this alternative step?

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• This could work but it will require the Central account credentials, which should not be necessary when protecting other devices, since the account holder should be the only user in possession of the Central account credentials.

One more thing: is the other device you are trying to protect in the same country?

• Flexx
    Flexx mod
    edited October 8
    This could work but it will require the Central account credentials, which should not be necessary when protecting other devices, since the account holder should be the only user in possession of the Central account credentials.

You've got the point here!

One more thing: is the other device you are trying to protect in the same country?

What I can assume, though I might be wrong, is that if anyone purchases a Bitdefender product directly from the global website, the license can be activated in any country. Is that true?

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited October 9

Yes, activation by the subscription owner won't be a problem in this case, regardless of the location.

But if they are trying to send an install link to someone from another country, or if the person trying to use the install link is connected to a VPN in another country, the link won't work and they will be prompted to enter the main Central account credentials.
    This happens because multi-user home solutions are intended to be installed on devices that belong to the same household, and because a login attempt from another country can be a sign of suspicious activity, so the login security measures in place will be triggered if someone abroad is trying to use an install link coming from your account.

But until @Pantelis Mina responds here, we can only make assumptions, as we can't know for sure what's happening there, or how the install link is sent exactly..

• Life happens, Coffee helps!