[Feature Request] Detailed Status under Dashboard

Hello,

You could display the current status of Bitdefender in the dashboard. Make the tiles smaller and there will be more space.

• Current Bitdefender version number
  • Last search for updates
  • Last successful update
  • Last system scan
  • Information about whether all modules are active

Tagged:
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx mod
    edited September 21

Your feedback has been automatically shared with the Bitdefender developers. However, it’s highly unlikely that all the information will be displayed on the dashboard, as it is already available within the Bitdefender product.

In the "About" section, you can find details related to the Bitdefender product version(build), malware database engine version, and the last date and time the malware database was updated. An image showing this has also been shared below.

Bitdefender Autopilot is a feature that monitors and manages security settings, ensuring optimal protection without requiring manual configuration. Bitdefender Autopilot continuously checks the status of all modules, including Antivirus, Firewall, Anti-phishing, Anti-ransomware, Web protection, etc.

If any module is inactive or disabled, Bitdefender Autopilot will notify you on the main dashboard.

@camarie, anything to add or correct here?

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• For me, this kind of information belongs on the dashboard.
    It was just a thought.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited October 9

Hi,

I understand this would be something nice to have as it would give the user a visible summary of the antivirus status.
    However, I'm not sure where all this information would fit on the Dashboard, without a ton of changes.
    I mean, you have the "You are safe" banner, security recommendations tab, then the quick actions tab, plus the informative message regarding the remaining slots available in the subscription.

Perhaps one way to include this status information would be to display it next to the "You are safe" banner, or maybe to include it as a "widget" in the quick actions section? Just going along with the idea here, maybe @camarie is watching. 😄

Look, I did a mockup:

But isn't this too cluttered?

Thanks

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Doesn't look bad.

I have a few more thoughts here.

• As I suggested some time ago, I would add the "quarantine" button to the customizable buttons.

So that I can access quarantine more quickly.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Thanks @wheatfoxrabbit,

I personally think the idea is not bad at all. I'm also looking at the Bitdefender Security Widget, as this was designed for convenience, to quickly check the status of the antivirus without having to open Bitdefender. However, due to its size, there is not much room to add extra information there.. So, the UI seems more suited for this, but nonetheless, I think it's an useful feature to have on the desktop.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/36730/

• wheatfoxrabbit
    wheatfoxrabbit ✭✭✭
    edited October 10

Personally, I don't like widgets on the desktop.

The information directly in the program on the dashboard is enough for me.

Widgets were a thing back in Windows Vista and 7.

• Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Well, I think the current UI of Bitdefender product is the best fit. As far as I know, none of the well-known antimalware vendors display the version details on the main page of their product GUI; instead, this information is found in the 'About' section, which is exactly what that section is for. It's not just antimalware—almost all other software vendors display their product version details in the 'About' section. There might be a reason why software vendors choose to display product versions there. @Alexandru_BD, what do you think the reason could be?

And as you said, @Alexandru_BD, it would literally clutter things up on the main GUI of the product, and I totally agree with you.

Regards

• @Flexx I think you're right, it is the best fit and yes, the 'about' section usually covers the status information you are looking for with most software. I think one of the main reasons for this is to keep the UI clean and focus on core functions instead, and bring those forward. Since technical details like version numbers, licenses, credits, t&c and other information that falls into this category are not really needed for everyday use, most of the time developers "hide" them in this less prominent section to avoid cluttering the main UI, like we both correctly assumed.

• Yes, exactly! Keeping the UI clean and focusing on core functions makes sense. The 'About' section is the perfect place for those details we don't need every day. Glad we agree! 🙂

Regards

• The team agrees.
    The customer is a little disappointed.

It's a bit of a shame. Then i just have to deal with it.

• Well, it’s not up to us either. Your feedback was automatically shared with the developers once you created the post. The important thing here is the personal feedback that we all share. Nevertheless, it’s ultimately up to the developers whether to implement the respective suggestions or not.

Regard

• Let's see 🤔