Threat Detected is going crazy

Hi guys

First post here. Hope someone can help.

So I've upgraded to Premium after realizing my machine was infected with emails bouncing with 552 errors. That issues now been resolved. I ran several scans and cleans which took 12 hours and of the few hundred infections handful was left that were deleted.

Machine runs fine if not a little slow. Firstly the pop notifications is absurd, you can't turn them off and its distracting my work as it takes president over the application i'm working in.

Onto the infections. I am getting "Threat detected" prompting what feels like 20 every minute. Its making my machine slow down and its just getting too much to bare.

See attached. When I move to quarantine its not even showing in there?

Comments

• And more. Is this really an infection? I have only firefox open and even when its closed it still keeps 'detecting'

• Hello,

First, try to clear cache & cookies from Firefox and reset the browser.

Secondly, do you have any other security solution installed on that device or where you using Malwarebytes by any chance?

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hi there

I have already cleared cache & cookies from Firefox. I've tried other browsers to the same result.

I did have Malwarebytes but its been removed before I upgraded to Bitdefender premium.

I disabled Windows security but that also prompts up with a ton of Trojans!

• Furthermore I have ran another scan and this prompted up 19 minutes in. I have no password files.

• So, judging by these screenshots, Bitdefender is not registered correctly with WSC, if you did a system restore or something went wrong, I suggest reinstalling the product as a first step. Then check how it performs next.

• OK, so complete removal of all Bitdefender products and fresh install?

I haven't performed a system restore no

• Hello.

Uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:
    https://www.bitdefender.com/links/uninstall_consumer_paid.html
    It will completely remove the program.
    Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account.

Regards.

• Yes. Like this man said.

• If the issue still persists afterwards, you will need to try longer troubleshooting steps, which you can follow as stated in the link below.

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/comment/344665#Comment_344665

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)