Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Adding A Pc In Network Tab

Options

Hey everyone,

I just recently bought bitdefender total security 2009 for 3 PC's on my home network. I am having trouble connected these in the "network" tab. When I click to add a new PC, I can see the name of the PC I am trying to connect with, but it tells me that it doesn't have bitdefender installed or it isn't accessible. My firewalls trust level is on full trust on both machines and stealth mode is off on both.

Is there another option to change before this works?

Thank you in advance!

Pat

Comments

• For home management it is very important to use some basic steps in order to insure that the machines will connect:

-> First, please make sure you click on the "Create/Join a network" button in the Network part of both computers that you are trying to connect - the passwords that you set up don't need to match, they can be specific to each computer;

-> After performing this step, you can go to one of the computers and click on Add Computer - if the computer does not show up in that list or if it is grayed out trying adding it using its IP address;

-> If you are still unable to add the other PC like this please make sure that you have the same gateway address listed. If yes, then try to see if you can successfully access network shares from one computer to another. If you have a password set up for the shares please remove it then try to connect the machines again.

-> If the connection is still unsuccessful please tell me what built you have on both machines for BitDefender, what operating system are you running on each (32 or 64 bits) and what type of connection (cabled or wireless) you are using on each machine.

• ...then try to see if you can successfully access network shares from one computer to another. If you have a password set up for the shares please remove it then try to connect the machines again.

How do I look into changing this? I believe both of my computers are set up to hide my files from the network. Is there a way through XP to enable these files to be seen again?

Thank you!

• Please right click on a shared folder, select Sharing and in that menu look in Sharing and Security to find the type of permissions you have for accessing that file - this menu is different for Vista and XP and the exact steps would depend on the OS.

• Niels
    Options

Dear pjb5064,

Try to enter the host name (the name that is listed when you click on add computer of the other computers that you want to add) instead of the ip-address.

Kind regards,

Niels