Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Total Security 2009 Size

Options

i just reinstalled BDTS 2009 and on control panel >> programs and features it says that the size is 284 MB. before, i have it at 168 MB. is there any 1 can tell me how this can be different?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

The daily updates....

Or a Windows bug ;)

• Niels
    Options

Dear Partogi,

Can you please download Windows install Cleanup. Install it and run it afterwards. How many entries with BitDefender in the name you find?

The size always increase with a few MB's when a product upgrade is installed.

Kind regards,

Niels

• headshot
    edited March 2009
    Options

thanks to you guys :D .

niels i found only 1, BitDefender Total Security 2009 [12.0.11.5]. what should i do next?

• Niels
    Options

Dear Partogi,

Can you please see if you find an entry or entries that looks like this: 12.X.XX.X ?

If you found multiple entries than the removal of an earlier version or the installation failed. That can cause a very big size when you take a look at software.

Kind regards,

Niels

• i found only 1: 12.0.11.5

niels how many size in MB usually bdts 2009 has?

• Niels
    Niels
    edited March 2009
    Options

Dear Partogi,

Ok, that is good. I mean windows installer didn't get mixed up with BitDefender installer package.

I didn't bought BitDefender Total Security 2009 but upgraded from version 2008. So the size differ is that I don't have the online back-up modules.

My size is 170 MB.

Can you please do this go to start,my computer,Program Files,open Common Files,BitDefender and take a look at BitDefender Threat Scanner folder. How big is that folder? It shouldn't be a few gigabytes.

Kind regards,

Niels

• C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender. at BitDefender Threat Scanner folder size is 194 MB. btw i have online backup.

• I am here and trying to understand what this question is for . Do you have a 200 meg hard drive do u constantly check program installed sizes what diffrence does it make its bigger so what. Maybe u put a movie in there. Either way i think you need to find something else to do like teach yourself ms office take ur mind off it.