Bitdefender Total Security 2009 Size

i just reinstalled BDTS 2009 and on control panel >> programs and features it says that the size is 284 MB. before, i have it at 168 MB. is there any 1 can tell me how this can be different?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

The daily updates....

Or a Windows bug ;)

• Dear Partogi,

Can you please download Windows install Cleanup. Install it and run it afterwards. How many entries with BitDefender in the name you find?

The size always increase with a few MB's when a product upgrade is installed.

Kind regards,

Niels

• headshot
    edited March 2009

thanks to you guys :D .

niels i found only 1, BitDefender Total Security 2009 [12.0.11.5]. what should i do next?

• Dear Partogi,

Can you please see if you find an entry or entries that looks like this: 12.X.XX.X ?

If you found multiple entries than the removal of an earlier version or the installation failed. That can cause a very big size when you take a look at software.

Kind regards,

Niels

• i found only 1: 12.0.11.5

niels how many size in MB usually bdts 2009 has?

• Niels
    Niels
    edited March 2009

Dear Partogi,

Ok, that is good. I mean windows installer didn't get mixed up with BitDefender installer package.

I didn't bought BitDefender Total Security 2009 but upgraded from version 2008. So the size differ is that I don't have the online back-up modules.

My size is 170 MB.

Can you please do this go to start,my computer,Program Files,open Common Files,BitDefender and take a look at BitDefender Threat Scanner folder. How big is that folder? It shouldn't be a few gigabytes.

Kind regards,

Niels

• C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender. at BitDefender Threat Scanner folder size is 194 MB. btw i have online backup.

• I am here and trying to understand what this question is for . Do you have a 200 meg hard drive do u constantly check program installed sizes what diffrence does it make its bigger so what. Maybe u put a movie in there. Either way i think you need to find something else to do like teach yourself ms office take ur mind off it.