Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Msg "unable To Connect To The Scanner"

Options

Hello,

BitDefender will not scan on my computer. It says that it is unable to connect to the scanner. I updated it prior to trying to scan a few minutes ago.

Has anyone had this happen before?

Thanks!

Comments

• Please go to START -> Run -> Services.msc, and restart all processes which belong to BitDefender (all that have BitDefender in thei description). Try then a scann. Post if it worked.

You could also try to repaird the current installation, or, eventually, to make a clean reinstall of it.

Andrei

• Please go to START -> Run -> Services.msc, and restart all processes which belong to BitDefender (all that have BitDefender in thei description). Try then a scann. Post if it worked.

You could also try to repaird the current installation, or, eventually, to make a clean reinstall of it.

Andrei

Hi Andrei,

The program ran on its own at the next scheduled time. I don't know what happened, but it worked without my correcting anything. Thank you for your help!

• Glad that I could help you! ;)

Andrei

• I had the same message come up repeatedly after the scheduled scan done each night on my computer. The scan report window was there each morning, but no scan had occurred. I corrected the problem (so far) by starting the scan server after going into services.msc. I was then able to manually start a scan (which I could not do before either). Thanks for the posts!