Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Printer Not Working After Patch Applied To Bad Update On Saturday

Options

After the flawed update issue last week I was able to get a good boot using previous good configuration. I appreciated the quick response on getting the patch out. I was then able to fix Bitdefender with the supplied patch and it restored most of the programs/settings (had to do some reinstalls and finessing to get most things back to pre Black Saturday functionality). Unfortunately I have not been able to restore printer capability.

I have reinstalled the the drivers and software for my printer (the printer is detected and shows up in Devices and printers Window). However when I try to print something nothing happens. If I open the print status window it indicates there is an error. When I check Device manager it doesn't indicate a printer in the Com and LPT list (not even and exclamation mark on a device). There must be a windows file(s) or something that's screwed. I tried to restore files but Bitdefender indicates the files exist already (assuming they are restored properly). So now what do I do? Printer function was not an issue until this update problem screwed with my files.

I would really appreciate support on this. All I got from the support group was a canned message to uninstall and reinstall Bit Defender. Of course that didn't work. In fact I had some problems doing a BD reinstall but finally licked that.

I still have a backup of the files that were quarantined but not sure if this can help diagnose and repair the problem.

Lastly I find it ironic that BitDefender is supposed to protect us from damage occurring to our systems. This has been one royal pain.

Comments

• Funny you should post this, because I just had printing problems today and posted about it, too. I get a "print processor does not exist" when trying to delete/reinstall my Brother laser printer drivers. I've already Googled and tried about a dozen different suggestions I found, but nothing works.

I'm going to reinstall my entire OS because at this point, I don't trust it after the BitDefender Great Screw-up of 2010.

• Funny you should post this, because I just had printing problems today and posted about it, too. I get a "print processor does not exist" when trying to delete/reinstall my Brother laser printer drivers. I've already Googled and tried about a dozen different suggestions I found, but nothing works.

I'm going to reinstall my entire OS because at this point, I don't trust it after the BitDefender Great Screw-up of 2010.

I don't want go with a reinstall. I've got too much invested in getting things installed and running the way I want. I'm just hoping that BD can help since they caused this.

• One thing I did that I would recommend to everyone is login as administrator and open your command prompt by typing " cmd " in the start menu search box or by pressing the run button and type in " sfc /scannow " and hit enter. This is a windows program that will scan all windows files to make sure they are all there and are intact, you may need to insert your windows disk if it needs to replace bad files.

I posted this in another thread and it may also help here to, Win 7 has alot of built in drivers and if they are broken this will fix it.

• Thanks marklar45, that seemed to work for me.

• One thing I did that I would recommend to everyone is login as administrator and open your command prompt by typing " cmd " in the start menu search box or by pressing the run button and type in " sfc /scannow " and hit enter. This is a windows program that will scan all windows files to make sure they are all there and are intact, you may need to insert your windows disk if it needs to replace bad files.

I posted this in another thread and it may also help here to, Win 7 has alot of built in drivers and if they are broken this will fix it.

Thanks for the advice. OK, I ran the scan and it indicated it found corrupt files but could not repair them. I know that it creates a file but there is a lot of info there. What am I looking for? What do I do now? Any help would be appreciated.

• If thats unable to repair them try booting up with windows disk and do the repair installation option. Not rescue just repair, it will replace the main windows files with the originals.

• If thats unable to repair them try booting up with windows disk and do the repair installation option. Not rescue just repair, it will replace the main windows files with the originals.

Not sure if I want to go that route just yet as this might blow away drivers and software dll links to installed software. I'm hoping that a more specific repair can be done.

• Not sure if I want to go that route just yet as this might blow away drivers and software dll links to installed software. I'm hoping that a more specific repair can be done.

I finally got this working without doing a Windows 7 repair install/upgrade. I played around with the printer Properties and found the USB port that the printer uses was not selected. Not sure why. Once I did though, voila, I'm in business. Thanks for the support Bitdefender