Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Bdf Antivirus Pro 2011 And Firewall

Options

Hi!

I wonder why antivirus pro 2011 ask me to disable the windows firewall when the BDF antivirus dont include a firewall?

I use windows 7 home premium 64 bit and BDF antivirus pro 2011

Comments

• then just re enable the firewall :)

• yeah, maybe its some kind of default message that is the same for all the versions. Either way you can just turn it off to install and then turn back on after reinstall, this should not cause a conflict with BD

• Samen
    Options

But I dont understand. It is safer for my computer to have a firewall protection me. No doubt!! Even if it is the windows firewall. So I really dont understand why bitdefender antivirus would even suggest turning it off just for the fun of it. That would not be good for my safety! Unless there is some kind of a module inside the antivirus pro that compromising for the firewall.

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hello Samen,

You can uncheck that option during installation, so BD won't disable the Windows Firewall.

• Hello,

The issue was escalated to the respectful team and it will be resolved as highest priority. We are sorry for any misunderstanding this have caused.

Regards,

• Samen
    Options
    Hello,

The issue was escalated to the respectful team and it will be resolved as highest priority. We are sorry for any misunderstanding this have caused.

Regards,

Hi Namefriend Daniel!

Thats good to hear! I though it was strange. To all you others saying it is just to unthick the box, yes it is, but that is not the issue here. The issue was that an antivirus asks you to turn of some of your other security parts without replacing it with something. And for a user who dont know better it could be bad since the turn off firewall is thicked by default.

Anyway, it is being taken care of, so thanks for your responses

• Always a pleasure to help. If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Best regards,

• Always a pleasure to help. If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Best regards,

well im new to BD so i want to ask a question also reguarding the same issue.

im running BD Antivirus pro 2011 and i want to turn off my windows Firewall and use the BD firewall but does the antivirus pro come with one?

when i turn off the windows FW it asks me if i want to turn on BD firewall and i hit yes but nothing happens, it shows a file in the BD folder wscfix.exe thats its trying to use to turn it on but nothing happens, any ideas? even if i run admin it does nothing and still shows i dont have a FW active

• nikki605
    edited October 2010
    Options

Hello, Behrr. I also run BD Anti-virus and no, it does not have a firewall (I use the built-in Windows firewall). Windows probably can't tell the functional difference between the various BD products, so don't go by what Windows says.

If you want the BD firewall, you will have to upgrade to either BD Internet Security or BD Total Security.

You can view the features of each BD product on this Comparison Chart.

Hope this helps,

• Hello, Behrr. I also run BD Anti-virus and no, it does not have a firewall (I use the built-in Windows firewall). Windows probably can't tell the functional difference between the various BD products, so don't go by what Windows says.

If you want the BD firewall, you will have to upgrade to either BD Internet Security or BD Total Security.

You can view the features of each BD product on this Comparison Chart.

Hope this helps,

Thanks for the reply, is there an upgrade link or do i have to buy the full version of BD INternet Security " If " i wanted to upgrade

and again thank you

Behrr

• Behrr - there is not a literal "upgrade link" but if you want to upgrade, you can either contact Customer Care, or you can send a PM (Private Message) to George R and explain that you want to upgrade. Either one will take you through the upgrade process.

Hope this helps,

• Behrr - there is not a literal "upgrade link" but if you want to upgrade, you can either contact Customer Care, or you can send a PM (Private Message) to George R and explain that you want to upgrade. Either one will take you through the upgrade process.

Hope this helps,

Thanks alot, im really liking the Forum support for this product

• Thanks alot, im really liking the Forum support for this product

Me too. When I was looking for a new a/v product, this forum and it's level of support was one of my deciding factors. It set them apart from many of the others.

Enjoy,

This discussion has been closed.