Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Beta Issues Remain

Options

Some of below issues/bugs remain even in the new release of Bitdefender Suite as were in the Beta version.

1) Quarantined items failed to send to the Bitdefender Labs.

2) The option “Delete Old Files” in the Bitdefender Quarantine Settings retains its check status upon reboot even I unchecked it.

3) Bitdefender antiphishing toolbar is not compatible with Firefox 3.6.8.

4) The tutorial can't be located after running the Bitdefender for the first time.

5) During installation while performing Quick Scan the Bitdefender found one threat which was moved to quarantine and I was asked to restart to clean my PC, but after restart

a) Quick Scan starts again from beginning.

B) No indication of threat found in the logs after finishing installation.

c) No threat was present in the Quarantine after installation.

Snapshots of above said issues are attached.

post-31288-1282191982_thumb.jpg

post-31288-1282191998_thumb.jpg

post-31288-1282192011_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hi ONT,

I will try to answer all your questions in the same order:

1. How do you know that the files were not sent ? Any error message ? Please provide me with a screenshot of it

2. The issue was escalated to the Developing team as also informed in the email I've sent you.

3. BitDefender Antiphishing toolbar is compatible with Firefox 3.6.8 as shown in the screenshot below so make sure you have BitDefender up to date.

4. We are currently investigating the matter. I do believe that the tutorials will be available again shortly.

5. Are you sure that the second scan wasn't a Full System Scan? That is how the new BitDefender works. If a possible threat is found then you will be asked to restart the computer so the cleaning process can be executed. After computer restart a new scan will start but this time it will be a full system scan to be certain that all threats were removed from your computer.

Regarding the point c) keep in mind that only threats that couldn't be removed will be moved to Quarantine. If the specific file / Service/ Registry key can be deleted then you will not see anything in the Quarantine folder however no threats will be found when the second scan will be complete.

Regards,

post-20064-1282227907_thumb.jpg

• Update: the tutorials are available again. Please keep in mind that you need Adobe Flash player installed to view the tutorials.

Enjoy!

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi

Thanks for your reply, I've some more queries below.

@ 1. How do you know that the files were not sent ? Any error message ? Please provide me with a screenshot of it

and

3. BitDefender Antiphishing toolbar is compatible with Firefox 3.6.8 as shown in the screenshot below so make sure you have BitDefender up to date.

See the attachments. Kindly mention steps to enable antiphishng toolbar in firefox, may be I am making any mistake.

@5 The scan task executed after restart takes same time (about 20mins) and same scan areas.

So if a threat found the overall installation time takes an hour or more to complete. And why it is to be certain to run the scan again if the threat is cleaned either by deletion or quarantined after restart? is there any lacking in taking action on threat detected because normally if we run any task (Deep or Contextual Scan) this is not the case i.e to make sure the system is cleaned or not?

Also why there is no indication of threat in the log and how the specific file / Service/ Registry key deleted automatically after completion of installation?

I faced this situation after the release of Beta4.

And I also post some issues on the Beta website. What about them?

post-31288-1282278913_thumb.jpg

post-31288-1282278924_thumb.jpg

• Hi,

1. I see that the files you are trying to submit are all just shortcuts so I believe it's normal not to be sent for analysis as they are not actual files.

3. There are no steps to enable Antiphishing toolbar. Simply update BitDefender and the issue should be resolved. The Engine version that you must have is: 7.33469. If the issue does not resolve after update please let me know.

5. The scan executed at installation is a Quick System scan. If any threats are found in the system, after restart, the executed scan is a Full System scan. We need to run the second scan to check and see if the issues were resolved as some viruses may reappear after cleaning them. You can't have a log of the threats found and removed as the cleaning is done before the Operating System or any drivers / software will load.

Regarding the issues you pointed on the Beta website I'm afraid I can't help you as I am not in charge of that website nor the forum. Furthermore we don't provide assistance for the Beta versions as we have released the final one.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi DanyDan

@1) The said issue remains. You can check in the snapshot attached.

@2) Engine version:733584, but issue remains.

Why the Beta website still showing campaign for Bitdefender Total Security 2011 Beta if you don't provide assistance for the Beta versions?

post-31288-1282882280_thumb.jpg

post-31288-1282882303_thumb.jpg

• alexcrist
    Options
    Why the Beta website still showing campaign for Bitdefender Total Security 2011 Beta if you don't provide assistance for the Beta versions?

There was never any support offered for the Beta versions. For Beta problems, the Beta site is the place for feedback.

If you are using a Beta version, you should upgrade to the final version.

Cris.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi

I already upgraded to the Final version but the said issues remain.

• The issue with the files not being sent to analysis from the Quarantine folder is a known issue that was escalated for resolution. The fix will come as an automatic update that requires no further action on your behalf.

Topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.