Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Security 2011 - Help

Options

I have tried to install four times and each time my computer starts to run very slow. It looks like the cpu and hd is running all the time and everything else is very slow. I uninstall 2011 and all is OK. I like BitDefender, but I have not been able to get it to work since the upgrade to 2010. I tried 2010 first and then I was told that I should try 2011. I can't get either to work.

I would appreciate any help. I have tired everything. I have used the uninstall toll and I have tried to clean the reg. Nothing helps.

Thanks,

Randy

Comments

• Hello,

What exactly is the issue you are facing when installing BitDefender ? Any particular error messages or just slow down of your computer ?

Please complete the following steps and send me the logs generated at the end of these steps as listed below:

1. Download THIS tool

2. Locate and open the file 'sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE then send me a PM (private message) with the download link and the topic you started.

Looking forward to your answer!

• I've had that issue for most of my license with 2010. It started happening at the beginning of this year, and i have to constantly restart to get my CPU resources to a usable level. I have used BD since 2007 and these programs were very good. Since end of 2009 and 2010 the program has caused a lot of problems. It's mainly slow down issues as the user here mentioned. When i delete BD my computer runs fine and no slowdown.

• also question, why when running the support tool do we have to disconnect internet wire? I think a lot of the slowdown is caused by BD interacting with internet. I've tried the support tool without internet turned on it and BD works fine. Do we really have to turn off internet when using support tool?

• Unknown
    edited August 2010
    Options
    also question, why when running the support tool do we have to disconnect internet wire? I think a lot of the slowdown is caused by BD interacting with internet. I've tried the support tool without internet turned on it and BD works fine. Do we really have to turn off internet when using support tool?

The reason why we ask everyone to remove the Internet cable is due to the fact that BitDefender is automatically sending the created SupportTool file and each time a new ticket is created. That will prevent any duplicate tickets.

@RandyT: I have received your PM and instructions on how to further investigate were sent to your email.

Regards,

• The reason why we ask everyone to remove the Internet cable is due to the fact that BitDefender is automatically sending the created SupportTool file and each time a new ticket is created. That will prevent any duplicate tickets.

@RandyT: I have received your PM and instructions on how to further investigate were sent to your email.

Regards,

Dan,

Thanks for the help. I sent the info and will wait for other instructions.

• as noted though. what happens if our issue is related to BD connecting with internet and causing slowdown? I cannot duplicate the issue if have the internet adapter turned off. The slow down usually occurs during updates or internet browsing in general.

• Steve we are already aware of the connectivity issue you mentioned. For connectivity issues it may not be always possible to reproduce the issue however it's mandatory to generate the logs, being the very first step in troubleshooting any issue with BitDefender.