Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Internet Security - Update Not Working - Help!

Options

Hi,

I have used BD for many years now, never had problems, until I installed BD IS 2011.

Have it on 3 computers. On one of them (Desktop, Vista Home Premium 32 bit), BD refuses to update.

I have done clean install after removing 2010, have unisntalled several times with latest uninstall tool, even cleaned registry manually with any BitDefender entry, re-installed several times, tried repair... with no success.

The automatic updates does check if there is an update,but does not install any updates (only does it directly after installation, after that it does not install updates anymore).

When I try to do the update manually, nothing happens. When I click "Update now", the only thing happening is the button changing to "Stop". Status remains "none". I clic stop, the button just goes back to "Update now".

I chatted yesterday with support, they had no direct solution, sai I would get an e-mail... Haven't received anything...

Can someone please help?? I have tried to solve this for severaldays now, to no avail.

PS: on my LapTop (7 Pro, 32 bit) and on my other desktop (Vista Home Premium, 32 bit), update works without any problem... automatically andmanually.

Appreciate any help.

Comments

• Hi, Jake, sorry to hear of your problem. Out of curiousity, do you have any other security programs installed on the desktop - either Microsoft or third party? This information will assist the BD tech support folks.

Thanks,

Gary A

• Hi, Jake, sorry to hear of your problem. Out of curiousity, do you have any other security programs installed on the desktop - either Microsoft or third party? This information will assist the BD tech support folks.

Thanks,

Gary A

Hi Gary,

No other security program installed.

I just tried re-installing again, and... miracle, this time it works (must be the seventh install...). I had again uninstalled with the tool provided by BitDefender, ran CCleaner, ran Registry Mechanic, did an install with the fully downloaded installation file.

Here is the weird thing: went to services, saw a service called Bitdefender update service V2 was not turned on. Adventurously I turned it on. First update worked, asked me to re-boot, after that update didn't work. I then went to check on my other computers, the Bitdefender update service V2 was turned oof on both of them, so turned it off again on the one with problems, re-booted, and since then.... update works, both automatically and manually.

So I have no clue as to why it works now (maybe because I, fr the first time, ran CCleaner after uninstall. I used to only run Registry Mechanic), and I assume that the Bitdefender update service V2 must remain turned off.

Hope it remains like that now!

Thanks for enquiring anyway.

Cheers,

Jake

• First of all, Jake, I'm glad you were able to get BDIS reinstalled and working. Since you mentioned checking the services, I looked at services on my 2 main PCs (see screenshot below).

Just a couple of minor points. I think the service you mentioned actually says "BitDefender Update Server v2" not Service and is set to start manually. The service that updates the signatures is just above it in my screen shot, "BitDefender Desktop Update Service" and is set to automatic start.

I am not sure myself what, "BitDefender Update Server v2" is, or does.

post-35640-1284726459_thumb.jpg

Neither of my PCs have had a problem getting definition or program updates with services set this way.

Have a great day,

Gary A

• Hi Gary,

No other security program installed.

I just tried re-installing again, and... miracle, this time it works (must be the seventh install...). I had again uninstalled with the tool provided by BitDefender, ran CCleaner, ran Registry Mechanic, did an install with the fully downloaded installation file.

Here is the weird thing: went to services, saw a service called Bitdefender update service V2 was not turned on. Adventurously I turned it on. First update worked, asked me to re-boot, after that update didn't work. I then went to check on my other computers, the Bitdefender update service V2 was turned oof on both of them, so turned it off again on the one with problems, re-booted, and since then.... update works, both automatically and manually.

So I have no clue as to why it works now (maybe because I, fr the first time, ran CCleaner after uninstall. I used to only run Registry Mechanic), and I assume that the Bitdefender update service V2 must remain turned off.

Hope it remains like that now!

Thanks for enquiring anyway.

Cheers,

Jake

Guess I was too quick... BD has now stopped updating again, neither automatically nor manually. Same symptoms as originally described... PLEASE HELP!

Jake

• Well, I'm out of ideas, but I'm sure one of the BD tech support folks will be able to help you further.

Sorry,

Gary A

• Well, I'm out of ideas, but I'm sure one of the BD tech support folks will be able to help you further.

Sorry,

Gary A

You're right about the "server", not "service" :rolleyes: My bad!

Thanks for trying anyway. Hopefully I'll hear soon from the guys at BD!!

Jake

• Hello,

Indeed the service has no description and must be set to Manual as start-up.

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering we would like you to follow the steps below:

1. First please unplug the internet cable from your computer or disable your Wireless Adapter, if you are connected to a wireless network.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select "Run as Administrator"

5. Check the box to "Agree and allow BitDefender to gather related information from your computer" and click on the Next button

6. In the next window enter your email address, select the problem type and enter a description of the issue you encounter

7. Check the box next to "Try to reproduce the problem before submitting" and hit the Next button

8. Choose the issue type and again hit Next

9. When asking to enable additional logging (a pop-up message will appear when you click on the Next button at step 8) please save all open Documents and hit the Yes button to restart the PC

10. After the restart, a new window will pop-up where you will be asked to reproduce the issue you encounter. If you have already done that please check the box next to "I have reproduced the issue" and hit the Next button

11. Wait for the tool to generate the logs then click on Finish. You will be asked to restart the PC again to disable the logging options of BitDefender.

12. After restart look on your Desktop for the created SupportTool file. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

13. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

14. Upload the created file HERE.

15. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

16. Send me a PM (private message) with the download link.

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution in the shortest time.