Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[solved]bitdefender Antivirus Pro Shutdown

Options

I purchased Bit Defender AntiVirus Pro only a couple days ago. I had bought it for 3 computers, thinking i could apply it to my laptop, my PC, and have one left over for whenever i might need it. I began installation on my laptop first. The Software installed fine, and began working properly, with no malfunctions. So, naturally, i started to install it on my PC next. During the final stage of installation, the deep system scan, the program froze. After a few HOURS of waiting, i decided to manually force shutdown the computer. when i restarted the computer, the software was installed, but it claimed i had "No registration" and that my serials were expired. Argh. I tried multiple times to reconstruct the issue via the software's built in support features, yet no matter what i tried, the software continued to claim that my registration was expired. now the program's icon has turned gray, saying "Bitdefender services are not responding. Please restart the computer and if the problem persists contact Bit Defender Support." Well.... i tried contacting Bit defender support, and what did that do? it voided the license on my laptop! now i have two unprotected computers running these programs that wont do anything. Not to mention vvserc.exe or something like that is eating up my CPU! Can anything be done? Can i get a refund if not?

Comments

• A quick reply would be much appreciated.... ive had 3 virus attacks since the program went down. I cant keep fighting them with the task manager! :mellow:

• Hello Smity,

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

[How to CAPTURE A SCREENSHOT]

- When the error message is on your screen press the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right; At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

- Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation from Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint);

- Paste the picture in a new Paint document (using Edit > Paste);

- Save the file in JPEG format

- attach it to this topic.

Make sure you mask the license key if that screenshot includes the Registration details.

Looking forward to your answer!

Kind regards,

• Hello Smity,

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

[How to CAPTURE A SCREENSHOT]

- When the error message is on your screen press the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right; At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

- Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation from Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint);

- Paste the picture in a new Paint document (using Edit > Paste);

- Save the file in JPEG format

- attach it to this topic.

Make sure you mask the license key if that screenshot includes the Registration details.

Looking forward to your answer!

Kind regards,

Ok, now what? im literally fighting viruses, thank god i am tech savvy.

• Hi Smity,

First and foremost please tell me what you mean by 'I'm literally fighting viruses'. What viruses are you referring to ?

Furthermore after checking the logs you provided me with I noticed that BitDefender was not installed correctly.

Save the BitDefender Uninstall Tool and when the download is complete start the uninstall process.

Restart the PC when the process is complete. Allow it few moments, you will be asked to restart the PC.

After reboot, as I have seen you have CCleaner installed, please use it to clean any registry entries or temporary files left. Restart the PC again.

Save the installation kit associated with your computer architecture:

BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011:

32bits:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...us_2011_32b.exe

64bits:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...us_2011_64b.exe

Please let me know if the issue is resolved.

Regards,

• Ok, so. Ive uninstalled the first faulty version, with your handy dandy uninstall tool. I downloaded the new software off of your link, and im still having issues. According to the program, i am "...no longer protected!"....i think the lag and halt of progress is because of vsserv.exe, a bit defender program that is currently eating up....99% of the CPU! Lets focus on that issue... why is this program eating up my operating speed?

• yes vsserv takes up a lot of resources some times. I have this same problem. not sure what you can do about it other than restart frequently

• yes vsserv takes up a lot of resources some times. I have this same problem. not sure what you can do about it other than restart frequently

That should be fixed. Who wants to restart all of the time?

• Unknown
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hi,

smity: I believe because of the settings level set on an aggressive protection. Try disable some of the modules to test which module in particular is causing issues. Are you referring to a system slowdown or browsing slowdown ?

Please provide me with a screnshot of the message displayed by BitDefender about not being protected.

• Hi,

smity: I believe because of the settings level set on an aggressive protection. Try disable some of the modules to test which module in particular is causing issues. Are you referring to a system slowdown or browsing slowdown ?

Please provide me with a screnshot of the message displayed by BitDefender about not being protected.

Well i took a screenshot, but vsserv.exe wont allow enough cpu to open Paint. I cant turn down the protection services, because the program is not responding it claims i have no account created, and the program is not registered. i cant terminate vsserv.exe ("access is denied") to loosen up the cpu to open paint anyways... any other ideas? maybe a kill process command for the command prompt? how about this... can i just have the money back for the other two subscriptions? it seems to be working on my laptop, but something is seriously wrong on my pc. Ive paid for all three, i am only able to use one of the liscences, why not give me a refund for two? ill use that money to buy a different antivirus software.

• Hi,

I have sent a request to George R. He will assist you with the refund request.

• George R.
    edited September 2010
    Options

The issue at hand was solved by downgrading to BitDefender Antivirus 2009 on the PC :)

This discussion has been closed.