Bitdefender Antivirus Pro 2011 Won't Load

Hi,

I recently purchased Bitdefender 2011 and installed it with no problems. However, it simply refuses to load on startup and whenever I attempt to load it, the following error message appears:

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail."

This happens for most of the files in the Bitdefender folder, such as bdagent.exe, seccenter.exe and vsserv.exe

I previously had Bitdefender 2009 and it worked fine.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Bump

• tridentcore
    edited October 2010

almost a week and still no answer from the developer..??? for hy1, maybe you can say, this official forum of BitDefender kinda useless... there's so many problems with the 2011 products and still the BD developer won't fix it... I already tried to contact the BD developer with support ticket and still no answer/response after 2 months...

So? is it true...?? The BD 2011 products is still not ready to be out of beta stage?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=21595

• airdenmark
    edited October 2010

I have the same problem. NO ANSWERS FROM SUPPORT...

• Yeah, can't say I'm pleased with the lack of response so far. Probably shouldn't have changed versions...

• Hello Hy1,

I'm sorry for not answering you sooner however I was off on Monday and Tuesday. Also keep in mind that the average response time is 48 hours regardless of the type of Support: email or forum. I am however trying to answer everyone is a decent time frame as you can see from my posts.

Second you should provide us with as many information as possible in order to receive an accurate and direct answer without any additional posts.

Considering the above please provide me with at least the minimum information so I can start troubleshooting the issue: the BDefender product, the Operating System and the computer architecture (32-bit/64-bit).

Last but not least please keep in mind that the issue you encounter is NOT BitDefender related but on Microsoft's end. The issue is already escalated and we are working towards a resolution with Microsoft, however for now, we don't have an ETA on it.

Aries: please provide me with the ticket ID you have open with us. Also please keep in mind that our forum rules do not allow multiple posts in regards of the same issue.

Airdenmark: the average response time is 48 hours. We also have free days from time to time ;) I was off on Monday and Tuesday so I couldn't answer your query. Spamming the forum won't help you, I know that it may sound odd but you must wait for the answer as everyone else. I am normally replying in few hours from the original post. Last but not least do you post in multiple topics for the same issue, your account can be suspended for that reason. Please read our forum rules. You can find a link in my signature.

• Hi,

The product is Bitdefender Antivirus Pro 2011. Operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium SP1. The computer architecture is 32bit.

Good to hear that the problem is being acknowledged.

• Hello,

@hy1: I was able to resolve some of the cases where the side-by-side error occurs. Please check your email for further instructions on how to proceed next. Your ticket ID is: 201010091003895

This discussion has been closed.