Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scheduled Scan Not Running

Options

Another issue with my LapTop this time (7 Pro, 32 bit).

I have the schedule set to run a full system scan every Friday at 20.00. This is now the second week in a row that it does not start thescan. When I check the Schedule, it has just moved the next scheduled scan to Friday next week without having run it thisweek.

Anyone who can help on this one?

Thanks

Jake

Comments

• Hello,

Please go to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

Locate the files:

- scheduler_vsserv.xml

- ondemandal_usr.xml

- ondemandal.xml

Put all files in an archive and upload it HERE

Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

Regards,

• I am having the same problem. Please advise. Thanks.

-Jeff

• I am having the same problem. Please advise. Thanks.

-Jeff

I would recommend that you follow the same steps from DanyDan 2 posts up, upload the files and then send him a Private Message with the download link along with a description of your problem or reference this topic in your PM.

Regards,

• Hi JakerR,

Please note that your computer must me logged on and running for the scheduled scan to take place. If your computer is turned off, logged off, in sleep-mode, standby or hibernation, the scan will be postponed until the computer meets the above requirement. This will also happen if Laptop mode or Game mode are activated.

Considering the above please make another scheduled task and make sure your computer meets all the conditions above. Please let me know the results.

Regards,

• Hi JakerR,

Please note that your computer must me logged on and running for the scheduled scan to take place. If your computer is turned off, logged off, in sleep-mode, standby or hibernation, the scan will be postponed until the computer meets the above requirement. This will also happen if Laptop mode or Game mode are activated.

Considering the above please make another scheduled task and make sure your computer meets all the conditions above. Please let me know the results.

Regards,

Hi Daniel,

The only issue I discovered with regards to your message here above was that for some mysterious reason the LapTop mode was set. I put it in normal mode. Problem still persists.

I have however foud a workaround: standard system tasks that I schedule do not run, however when I create a user defined task, that works. So I have now simply created a weekly scan task.

So it does not solve the issue, it works around it. I can live with that, but I guess BD should still try to find out why it does not work.

Cheers,

Jake

• Hi Jake,

Thanks for the feedback. To be sure I got this right: No matter the type of System task you try to schedule (Deep system scan, Full system scan, Quick Scan and Autologon scan) it will not start at the scheduled time ? Check the View Logs section for the time of the scans executed.

• Hi Jake,

Thanks for the feedback. To be sure I got this right: No matter the type of System task you try to schedule (Deep system scan, Full system scan, Quick Scan and Autologon scan) it will not start at the scheduled time ? Check the View Logs section for the time of the scans executed.

You got it exactly right, Daniel. Only user defined tasks will run, none of the System tasks (I tried several of them). Log does indeed not show them taking place either. Once past the day and time it was supposed to run, it just changes the scheduled time for it to take place to the following week (as I set it weekly), without having performed it.

Cheers,

Jake

• Hey Jake,

Try to repair BitDefender as explained below. If the issue still persist try to schedule a scan (deep system scan - system tasks) after one hour or two without having your PC restarted to see if the issue still occur.

Please keep me posted. Thanks!

• Hey Jake,

Try to repair BitDefender as explained below. If the issue still persist try to schedule a scan (deep system scan - system tasks) after one hour or two without having your PC restarted to see if the issue still occur.

Please keep me posted. Thanks!

Hi Daniel,

No success. Tried what you suggested, still not working.

Any additional ideas?

Thanks in advance for your further help.

Take care.

Jake

• Hi Jake,

Please send me a screenshot of the Antivirus History for On-Demand Tasks as shown in the attached screenshot.

post-20064-1285510531_thumb.jpg

• I would recommend that you follow the same steps from DanyDan 2 posts up, upload the files and then send him a Private Message with the download link along with a description of your problem or reference this topic in your PM.

Regards,

Thanks. In the meantime, I tried creating a user-defined scan task, however that too experienced the same problem... it did not run on schedule.

So now I have uploaded the files for Dan, per your suggestion.

• Hi Jake,

Please send me a screenshot of the Antivirus History for On-Demand Tasks as shown in the attached screenshot.

Hi Daniel,

PLease find attached as requested by you.

As you can see, no traces of scans besides the User task I created myself.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Jake

post-36992-1285749776_thumb.jpg

• Hi,

Jake: Please check your email associated with your forum account for instructions on how to continue troubleshooting. Your ticket ID is: 201009251008117

J. Williams: I have received the XML files however you did not sent me the supportool log file. Follow the steps enclosed in the email I just sent to your Netcom address. Your ticket ID is: 201009301004916

Regards,

• Hi,

Jake: Please check your email associated with your forum account for instructions on how to continue troubleshooting. Your ticket ID is: 201009251008117

J. Williams: I have received the XML files however you did not sent me the supportool log file. Follow the steps enclosed in the email I just sent to your Netcom address. Your ticket ID is: 201009301004916

Regards,

Dan,

Did you receive my reply to the support email with the above ticket id? I have not had any luck with the instructions you sent. The support tool did not create any dump files, and after creating the odscanui.log folder and waiting for several days (during which scheduled scans should have run), the folder remained empty.

Question: Is there a way for us to get a refund for our Bitdefender license on Bitdefender 2011? This has never worked, and we are growing impatient.

Jeff

• Hi Jeff,

In order to generate the scan log after you create the folder you need to start a DEEP SYSTEM scan and the folder should populate with the log file. I do believe that we can sort this out together in an hour or so. Please check your email for further instructions.

Regarding the refund you can always PM my colleague George R. and he will advise you further.

• Hi Jeff,

In order to generate the scan log after you create the folder you need to start a DEEP SYSTEM scan and the folder should populate with the log file. I do believe that we can sort this out together in an hour or so. Please check your email for further instructions.

Regarding the refund you can always PM my colleague George R. and he will advise you further.

Hi Daniel,

Hope you are well.

I sent you the requested info about 8 days ago and haven't heard from you yet :-).

I am still using a user defined task to do the weekly scan, which I can live with.

I also sent you info regarding a more problematic issue: on one of my other computers (desktop), BD will simply never update. That ticket is: Ticket ID:201009161019733.

This is of concern, as BD simply is not up to date to protect the computer.

It will need to be solved. In case you cannot help, I will have to switch to another security software, and ask for a refund. I'd rather stay with BD as I have been a satisfied customer for many years, but it needs to work.

Hope you can help.

Thanks Daniel.

Jake

• Hi Jake,

Tried to contact you at the phone number you had in your email's signature however I couldn't reach you. Also you have no phone number associated with the account you have open with Us so I have sent you an email with instructions on how to further troubleshoot the issue you encounter and try to resolve the issues you have on both PCs.

Please reply to my email for ticket ID: 201009251008117.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hi Jake,

Tried to contact you at the phone number you had in your email's signature however I couldn't reach you. Also you have no phone number associated with the account you have open with Us so I have sent you an email with instructions on how to further troubleshoot the issue you encounter and try to resolve the issues you have on both PCs.

Please reply to my email for ticket ID: 201009251008117.

Looking forward to your answer!

Hi Daniel,

Did you get my mail from a cou[ple of days back?

Cheers,

Jake

• Yes Jake,

I will give you a call on Tuesday 19 October as mentioned in your email. Note that I did called you however the phone number couldn't be reached. Not sure what you mean by

It should have worked if you tried,

but will certainly work when I am back in Holland.

. If possible please send me a secondary phone number via email.

Regards,

• Yes Jake,

I will give you a call on Tuesday 19 October as mentioned in your email. Note that I did called you however the phone number couldn't be reached. Not sure what you mean by . If possible please send me a secondary phone number via email.

Regards,

Will do in 5 miinutes. Talk to you tomorrow.

Cheers.

Jake

• Will do in 5 miinutes. Talk to you tomorrow.

Cheers.

Jake

Hi Daniel,

We were supposed to have a 10.00 CET phone call with remote assistance to solve my issues. Haven't heard from you guys. It is now 12.38...

What has happened?

Take care,

Jake

• Hi Jake,

From what I understood from your feedback the issue was resolved after the remote session we performed. Please keep me posted if you need any further assistance.

Topic closed.

Users with the same issue please create your own thread.

This discussion has been closed.