Antivirus 2011 And Firefox

I recently upgraded from AV 2010 to AV 2011. With AV2010 I was able to open sites such as Fox News with Firefox, but with AV 2011 installed it is now blocked. I am able to open Fox News with IE8. I am running the latest version of Firefox (v 3.6.9). Is this a Firefox issue or a problem with AV 2011?

Comments

• Hi Eric,

Can you please provide me with more details about the issue you encounter ? What sites are you trying to open ? Disable each BitDefender module and see what module is causing the issue.

1. Open BitDefender in Expert View (Go to Options in the upper part of the

Window, select Expert View and click OK)

2. Go to the Antivirus tab.

3. Disable the Search Advisor module and check if the issue still occurs.

4. If it does, Disable the Antiphishing module on that browser and check if

the issue still occurs.

5. If it still does, click on Advanced Settings and disable the AVC module

and IDS module.

Please let us know if any of these steps solved your issue.

• Hi Eric,

Can you please provide me with more details about the issue you encounter ? What sites are you trying to open ? Disable each BitDefender module and see what module is causing the issue.

1. Open BitDefender in Expert View (Go to Options in the upper part of the

Window, select Expert View and click OK)

2. Go to the Antivirus tab.

3. Disable the Search Advisor module and check if the issue still occurs.

4. If it does, Disable the Antiphishing module on that browser and check if

the issue still occurs.

5. If it still does, click on Advanced Settings and disable the AVC module

and IDS module.

Please let us know if any of these steps solved your issue.

DanyDan,

It seems that Eric has dropped the ball on this problem. I found that once I unchecked the Search Advisor module Fox News was accessible. I hope this helps BitDefender to solve the problem with FireFox.

• ehmyers
    edited October 2010

I had the problem with Opera and Bitdefender AV 2011 blocking webpages like google and also my home page. Then I couldn't seem to access anything - in Internet Explorer or Opera.

Just by experimenting myself I had turned off the search advisor. Seems to have solved the problem so far. Also seems to have speeded up browsing the Internet.

• I have sent an email to all three of you to the registered email address associated with your forum account. Please reply with the requested info or confirm that the issue has been resolved.

We have resolved it last night so I do believe that you shouldn't encounter it anymore.

This discussion has been closed.