Can't start Parallels Desktop unless I disable BD protection and reboot

Options

I've been running BitDefender and Parallels Desktop on my Mac for years but recently have had problems starting Parallels Desktop. It turns out that if I disable Bitdefender and reboot then Parallels starts up fine. I tried configuring Bitdefender to ignore the Parallels application but that did not help. How can I get Bitdefender to let Parallels start up?

Antivirus for Mac 10.1.0.8

MacOS Ventura 13.6.7
Parallels 19.4.0

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help

Select, How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender productsTroubleshootingI don't knowContact Support→ You will get the option of chatcall or email.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Beirne
    Options

Thanks! I've opened a ticket with Bitdefender support.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@Beirne please do share your findings with us as well, if possible. So we can help others that may encounter this behavior in the future.

Thank you!

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Beirne
    Options

@Alexandru_BD It got better when I added exceptions for the following directories:

/Applications/Parallels Desktop.app

/Users/_yourid_/Documents/Parallels

/Users/_yourid_/Library/Parallels

My computer crashed once after doing this but I don't know if it was related. It's been OK since then. Parallels has other files on the system like plists but I haven't gone to track down everything.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Thanks for following up @Beirne 👍️

Glad to hear it's working since.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user